Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toll on Crossing the Bridge

• 29-03-2006 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

http://www.waterford-today.ie/index.php?id=17843&what=1&issue=295

I'm raging... I can't believe it. I cross the bridge Mon-Fri to go to work out in Bunmahon I think it's stupid to put a toll on driving into the city from one side if you going to put a toll on the bridge. I can't put into words at this moment how I feel... I'm speachless and outraged.

This little idea isn't going to solve the traffic problem. I think however it will make it worse, by slowing down the already standing still traffic

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

April Fool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

thats it go on and ruin it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Not a bad aul idea at all, wha'?:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Aquos76 wrote:
    April Fool
    Way to spoil it AQUOS

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

trishw78 wrote:
    thats it go on and ruin it

Ah go away out of it, you were actually falling for it:D :D:D

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote:
    Ah go away out of it, you were actually falling for it:D :D:D

Too right she was! U ain't foolin' us Trish:D :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I wanted fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

€1 to get out of Waterford? A bargain. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Should only apply to KK reg cars and trucks etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Bards wrote:
    Should only apply to KK reg cars and trucks etc.

Gway out a that , non believers should be made cough up for the priviledge of entering Kilkenny!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

slightly OT but did anyone see that the cops were doing points duty on Rice Bridge during morning rush hour? I dunno if it was a one-off spectaular (Tuesday) but I'm sure it must have made a diff for those who crawl in from the New Ross side.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Rockdolphin

If Waterford is not granted the boundry extension Waterford CC is looking at tolling KK registered cars and vans at Rice Bridge and rightly so. On Fridays this toll will be doubled for KK traffic heading out of the city !

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

just ban kilkenny people from working in waterford, let them get jobs in kilkenny :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

yeah, lets just build a big wall around Kilkenny :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Mossy Monk wrote:

Ah yes but if you do that then about 90% of Waterford business won't be able to open as their owners won't be able to get to them ;)
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

sigh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

Mossy Monk wrote:

and fill it with water :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Boomer23 wrote:
    and fill it with water :D

ah yes but knowing how great Kilkenny people are, we'd build a massive underwater civilization and become the new capital of Ireland :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

ah yes but knowing how great Kilkenny people are, we'd build a massive underwater civilization

then ye would be known as seamen! :D

trishw78 wrote:
    I wanted fun

:D:D:D OK that's allowed;)

But this Waterford V's KK crap is exactly what I didn't want to get into, let's just drop it now please!

It's all been said before, time after time.

• Advertisement

Heres something funny but not at the time , myself an another lad were just comin up Johns Hill with pizza an got physically attacked for it , Im shocked I cannot believe that at 5pm you would get physically attacked for a fupn pizza.

He picked the wrong guy to attack though an alas we left pizza intact , still though Very dodgy situation , thank god I wasnt carrying the pizza myself.

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Heres something funny but not at the time , myself an another lad were just comin up Johns Hill with pizza an got physically attacked for it , Im shocked I cannot believe that at 5pm you would get physically attacked for a fupn pizza.

He picked the wrong guy to attack though an alas we left pizza intact , still though Very dodgy situation , thank god I wasnt carrying the pizza myself.

Did you enjoy the pizza anyway?:D :D

Pizza never tasted so good!:D

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Pizza never tasted so good!:D

Always better when you've worked a bit for it!;) What exactly happened anyway? Was yer man that hungry????????:eek:

No he seemed off his head , he went past first an made an attempt to grab the pizza an said gimme a slice we were like f*ck off , so we kept goin next thing he legged it up the street an started into yer man for the pizza , so a bit of a scuffle took place , heh the attempted pizza robber didnt like getting kicked but he finally gave up an went off.

He must have been off his tits! What a twat anyway, bet he'll wake up sore & sorry 2moro.

Yea it was kinda scarey , Just a fight out of nowhere , This town is gone to the dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Cabaal wrote:
    ah yes but knowing how great Kilkenny people are, we'd build a massive underwater civilization and become the new capital of Ireland :D

Only thing is...CATS don't like water!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Mossy Monk wrote:

Why the raised eyes??:confused:

BRILLIANT SUGGESTION - BEST ONE IN YEARS!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

stevemac wrote:
    just ban kilkenny people from working in waterford, let them get jobs in kilkenny :)

I am sick and tired of reading of this KK vs Waterford thing...I cudnt care less, I live in North KK and Waterford is irrelevant to everybody up ere!I dont know anybody that works in Waterford but I know loads that work in Kildare and Naas.. In the North of the county we are used to people from surrounding counties living and working here from Laois, Carlow, Tipp, Offaly etc etc...Its no big deal.I think it comes down to the fact that Waterford is so badly located relative to surrouding counties, cut off by the river suir.
    Waterford people seem to have a big chip on their shoulders about us..why?Are we not all Irish at the end of d day?If KK and Waterford worked together on roads and stuff we'd all be much better off.

Advertisement