Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rvd

• 29-03-2006 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

I really like him. But since he's come back from his injury in January he just seems to be not working at the level he can. I'm not saying that I expected him to be A1 from the beginning becasue he'd have ring rust and all. And I'm not saying he's looked horrible either but he's just not at the level I think he can be at. There is no zip to his work.

Meltzer said on F4 radio that he's almost become a parody of himself and I think thats a good way of putting it. I think Sunday will tell alot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Hopefully RVD lets loose on Sunday and does some extreme stuff of old. I'm thinking Finaly and Lashley will brawl to the back or something half way through leaving only four in contention for the actual briefcase. With four RVD will hopefully be able to shine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I really like him. But since he's come back from his injury in January he just seems to be not working at the level he can. I'm not saying that I expected him to be A1 from the beginning becasue he'd have ring rust and all. And I'm not saying he's looked horrible either but he's just not at the level I think he can be at. There is no zip to his work.

Meltzer said on F4 radio that he's almost become a parody of himself and I think thats a good way of putting it. I think Sunday will tell alot.

I agree. I've been thinking the same. Did you watch him in the triple threat on Raw two weeks ago? I was surprised at the praise the match got because I thought RVD looked very rusty in there. He failed to hit the Rolling Thunder at the start of the match (though he hit it correctly later on) and I noticed he failed to do the backward somersault that he usually does after he uses shoulder thrusts on his opponent in the turnbuckle.

I think he needs a bit more time though before any harsh criticism is levelled out as it's always tough to come back from an injury and it's probably even tougher for him since all his moves are so unique and high-risk. I'm sure psychologically it must be very tough to get back to form.

Sunday will be a big test for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's disappointing because of all his big talk during his recovery. In ECW he stole the show every night, and he put on excellent matches. He said he'd say what he wants and be the old RVD again, but so far, he hasn't. Maybe he's waiting until he is actually fully ready and back in the flow of things, or maybe WWE is just holding him back like they had for the year or so before his injury, when he was very stale in the ring

I was watching Unlimited during the ad break on Raw last week, and when Rvd and Flair bumped heads, RVD looked pretty concerned, he left the other two and went into a corner of the ring, kept checking his eye. That might have put him off the match, because he really did seem very concerned about it

I don't doubt for a second that he's got it, it's just very frustrating when you see him do the same old stuff over and over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

RVD has looked bad since he came back from injury. i did like him before, now its just painful to watch him. i hope he does not win the money in the bank match. i did not pick him in my fantasy team cause i reckon he is not good enough.
    i hope RVD gets back to his old form or even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Interview recap with RVD on a radio show here: http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id=17345/articles/news

He says he's felt fine in the ring since his first match back and that he's not too impressed with the freedom on the mic he's been getting, after the hype they'd put into it while he was injured

Nice quote about his WM match, "I thought that maybe if the ladder was tall enough, if I got a chance, I might be able to use it to get my head through that glass ceiling."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

TBH he's got lost in translation. Ever since he came from ECW, at the beginning he had the intensity he had there. Then it started to slowly die. You could see him up his game for the PPV's because that is what ECW survived on. But since those rumours were flying that he was told to tone down his moves. He has lost who he is. Maybe Heyman was motivating the troups and he has nothing like that. Maybe he just isnt "fighting for his life" anymore. The rolling thunder is a shadow of what it was. Him using his legs to break the fall when landing on the oponent just kinda looks a bit like a kids play fight to me. We haven't seen the split-legged moon sault in ages. These moves are his and what made RVD. The creatively controlled RVD doesnt work.
    Fozzy wrote:
    I don't doubt for a second that he's got it, it's just very frustrating when you see him do the same old stuff over and over

That's the creatively controlled RVD. Benoit lately has become a shadow of what he was.

(Sorry to keep quoting Fozzy)
    he wants and be the old RVD again, but so far, he hasn't. Maybe he's waiting until he is actually fully ready and back in the flow of things, or maybe WWE is just holding him back like they had for the year or so before his injury, when he was very stale in the ring
    He says he's felt fine in the ring since his first match back and that he's not too impressed with the freedom on the mic he's been getting, after the hype they'd put into it while he was injured

This would be a sign of WWe holding him back? He can't really come out and say I'm doing a dance routine it's coregraphed so heavily. Ppl have got fired for less.

Advertisement