Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Niall Quinn led bid to buy Sunderland stake?

• 29-03-2006 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Slow day story or will the Mackems be wearing disco pants next season?.

from bbc
    Former Sunderland striker Niall Quinn is interested in putting together a bid to buy the struggling Premiership outfit, BBC Sport understands.

Current chairman Bob Murray has said he will sell his 56.8% stake in the club - if the right offer comes along.

Quinn - who played for Sunderland between 1996 and 2002 - is understood to have spent several weeks looking at the viability of making a bid.

But it is not thought the 39-year-old has yet opened talks with Murray.

Sunderland have had a disastrous return to the Premiership after winning the Championship last season, picking up only 10 points and winning just two of their 31 games so far.

They could be relegated as early as this Saturday, should they drop points at Everton and West Brom beat Liverpool.

The Sportsman newspaper has said that speculation Quinn was keen on joining forces with horse racing magnate JP McManus was wide of the mark.

Sunderland are yet to comment on the rumours.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

haha, this has to be a joke, was only a week or so ago he was mentioned as a option for the new management team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

i think its a great idea!

Maybe it will keep him out of the commentary box!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Slow day story definitely.. Even the rumour last wk of him becoming manager was a bit far fetched.. Cant see him as a manager.. Altho after Stan Staunton who knows....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It would just make me hate them even more. I don't see why they fired Mick, he is an excellent championship level manager, coulda got them back up, then fire him once they get promoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ach i've gone past expecting Sunderland to do anything that makes sense anymore. Used to really like them years ago when Peter Reid took them up (always a Reid fan) and when they fired him in midseason my opinion of them took a nosedive, particularly dislike them now. Whats the point of fireing a manager in midseason when theres no chance of being able to stay up when you have a perfectly good man for the job next season as PHB said. Madness and squandering of yet more funds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement