Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood takers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Pythia wrote:
    Do I need to know my blood type before I donate?
    I presume mine is O but I'm not sure.
    oO

.... just... oO

Eh, the after-effects differ for each donation. A rest in the cafeteria and a cold drink usually suffice. You might just feel a little tired.... apparently....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

I've never given blood although i keep meaning too. That said i get very very light headed with the loss of blood and start burning up (im not talking about scratches but deep cuts, even if they dont bleed much). This sensation usually lasts about 5-10mins after which im grand. Probably the real reason i've never gotten it done.

Im a wimp though i do want to give blood. That said i been home sick today (weak as a newborn :( ) so ill have to go into the one in dun laoghaire the next time they show up.
    As for hamsters, I hate to sound cold but a replacement hamster costs about six dollars and fifty cents.
    I had to laugh.

Advertisement