Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoned Lab Needs Home

Options
  • 29-03-2006 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Somebody tied a labrador to the handle of my front door on Monday. Theres no name on the collar. I've asked the local kids does anybody own it but nobody knows anything. Its a very friendly dog, a bit scruffy but seems to be in good health. Its a female and she is big enough but not fully grown, She is beige, looks like a crossbreed and is probably less than a year old. I convinced my wife to keep her in the back garden incase the real owner showed up but no sign of anyone so far. I would love to keep it but I work and my wife stays at home but isn't mad on Dogs. The Dog didn't do itself any favours by eating her plants yesterday. We've contacted the DSPCA and NDSPCA but they don't have any room for her and I would hate to have to bring her to the pound. I've convinced my wife to hold off calling the pound until the weekend. I'd appreciate if anyone has any suggestions for shelters or if anybody knows someone who would take the dog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Only thing I can suggest is putting posters up in your area, an ad in the paper but sounds like she was just dumped. Rehomeing is helped if an animal is spayed and vaccinated but this might not be possible. ou've done the right thing about calling the rescues, also phone the dog pound to see if anyone has lost a dog of that description as sometimes owners will phone the pound.
    Surrenders are given a day and strays are given 5 days before they are put to sleep.

Post a picture of the dog if possible and a description of her on Irishanimals.ie and http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?act=idx

Your appeal will reach a wider audience. Oh and also a mention on your local radio station if possible.

Advertisement