Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Picture message problem

• 29-03-2006 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm wondering if any of you gents can help me out. I have a Nokia 3200 phone (please don't mock) and I'm trying desperately to send a picture from my phone to my email address but I am unable to do so.

The message gets sent alright but I find myself unable to open it and I get a message telling me that Real Player has to download something - then seconds later I get a message telling me that Real Player can't download parts for it after all. :confused:

I have gone on to the Nokia website here and attempted to get the standard settings but while I have been sent them and while I have saved them to my phone...it's the same old story. My email address just won't show the image from my phone.

I'm not very technical at all so I'd be very grateful if someone could explain to me what the problem is and what I need to do to fix it.

Thanks in advance. All the best.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

whats the file extension? ie the bit after the filename, eg file.bmp or file.exe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

whats the file extension? ie the bit after the filename, eg file.bmp or file.exe

You mean in the email that I get sent? Well it comes with an attachment but I can't open the .jpg part. Underneath that there's a 'p.smil (199 bytes) attachment' and that's what prompts Real Player to try and download something, only it never can. :confused:

You mean in the email that I get sent? Well it comes with an attachment but I can't open the .jpg part. Underneath that there's a 'p.smil (199 bytes) attachment' and that's what prompts Real Player to try and download something, only it never can. :confused:

the .smil is a video if i recall correctly. are there two attachments? a .jpg and a .smil? what happens when you try to open the .jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

the .smil is a video if i recall correctly. are there two attachments? a .jpg and a .smil? what happens when you try to open the .jpg

Yes there are two attachments, the .jpg and .smil but the .jpg can't be opened. I can't click on it.

i don't really know tbh. if you're on vodafone try sending it to your online picture album. or find someone who has a phone with infra red and send it to them and get them to upload it

• Advertisement
Advertisement