Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown is now better than Raw

• 29-03-2006 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else agree? I have felt for a long time that Raw was the superior show but I've changed my mind in the last couple of weeks. Raw just isn't as fun as it once was and Smackdown is far more satisfying when it comes to in-ring action. I submit to you these reasons why Smackdown is now better than Raw:

- Better wrestlers - Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Finlay, etc.

- Better tag team action - The state of tag team wrestling in WWE is awful right now but I think it's fair to say MNM are the best tag team in the WWE and they can put on better matches with guys like London and Kendrick as well as the Mexicools unlike Kane and Show who are basically two strong guys brought together for the sake of the World tag titles.

- Better commentary - With JR gone, Tazz and Michael Cole are the best commentary team in the WWE as they work well together unlike those on Raw, also Booker T has been hilarious when he has come in to do commentary on occasion.

More exciting clashes to look forward to - Would you be more eager to see Big Show take on Chris Masters or Finlay take on Rey Mysterio? See my point?

Better heels - Randy Orton, JBL, Booker T, Finlay in contrast to Triple H (a bit stale now), Chris Masters and Carlito (still quite young and unproven), Edge (good but underutilised) and Shelton Benjamin (poor on mic and not at his best).

Less talking - While JBL might eat up a bit of time on Smackdown, his promos are usually entertaining and Smackdown tends to be about wrestling rather than promos. In contrast, Raw is filled with countless promos and pointless segments - Spirit Squad and Vince being the latest offenders.

So what do you think? Agree or disagree? I've added a poll to find out the general attitude but I think Smackdown is definitely more enjoyable right now and I'm really looking forward to this week's Smackdown.

Smackdown now better than Raw? 10 votes

Yes, Smackdown is now the superior brand
    0%
    Nah, I still prefer Raw
    100%
    de5p0i1erCactus ColFozzydlofnepandymanMr.Nice GuyFirewalkwithmechopperbyrnethe sunbabe wancastagnoli 10 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Nah, I still prefer Raw
    I think this has been true for a while now. Once Eddie and Rey stopped having that stupid feud, and Eddie moved on to an angle with Batista the show started getting better and better.

I just hope the next draft lottery doesn't take Smackdown's best and most promising wrestlers, and swap them for Raw's dregs and nowhere men, like they did last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Nah, I still prefer Raw
    For most of the time since the brand split, I've always felt SD's been stronger. I know most people have always seemed to think Raw has been better though. Mid to late 2004 I think Raw was better, but that's it really

SD's got much more entertainment these days. There's often crap matches on Raw, like Carlito vs Kane, or any of Viscera's matches. SD has much better wrestlers. The crusierweights can all wrestle. Finlay, Benoit, Regal, Burchill, Angle, they can all wrestle. Generally, the matches are better

I've always preferred SD's commentary, since Tazz has been there anyway. Lawler's pitiful these days, all he does is agree with Joey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Apart from a few months between 2004 ending and 2005 starting, SD has always been the better show. Ive always felt Raw is too soap opera, while SD has always been about wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Nah, I still prefer Raw
    Smackdown is defintely the better brand, even more so since Angle went back (Angle was only put on Raw to feud with Micheals and have his Wooooo off with Flair). All the guys mentioned above are better than Raw guys, with one or two exceptions; Raw have the two best heels in the business, Trips and Edge.
    One thing I dont agree with is the commentary, I ****ing hate Michael Cole, and I think Tazz has been drinking on the job, he says some stupid things sometimes. Booker is sure to join the commentary team full time down the line.
    The draft will probably ruin everything. I think ill make a thread about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

it is true what gimmck says, that raw is like a soap and smack down show way more matches. but i still prefer raw. question - how come vince is on raw and not smack down.
    anawers, a) raw is better b) raw is live c) other.

• Advertisement

Nah, I still prefer Raw
    I'd say he's on Raw because it's the bigger show in his opinion. It's the older one, it's more well known, generally the biggest storyline things have happened on Raw. But I think people are fooled by Vince into thinking that Raw is better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

Nah, I still prefer Raw
    finally :D always found raw too bloody soap operaish. i've always prefered smackdown to raw cause theres better wrestling.... better heal and absolute awesome matches.... alright after eddie passing away it floundered but hey smackdown lost one of it's best wrestlers..... it's finally finding it's feet again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Nah, I still prefer Raw
    I stopped watching raw completly over the past while, like I said above, the eddie rey feud was a low point for smackdown, and it seems that wwe are trying to cut the legs from under smackdown at some points (by taking top performers like cena, and carlito). But Smackdown just keeps getting better and better.

Nah, I still prefer Raw
    How come the people who voted Raw haven't defended their decision yet?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Nah, I still prefer Raw
    Smackdown is better than RAW but TNA Impact is better than both IMO.

• Advertisement

Nah, I still prefer Raw
    If TNA had a two hour show, then maybe I'd agree. With Impact as the "60 minute adrenaline rush", everything seems rushed, matches are over before they begin and each week some of the main guys in the roster get left off. Last week there was no Styles, Daniels or Christian. At least they announced Joe vs Sabu for Lockdown :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Nah, I still prefer Raw
    Sure, the matches can be a little rushed but isn't that more of an incentive to watch the PPV's? WWE PPV's just don't seem all that special any more and their TV shows are just full of filler material.

Joe v Sabu should be pretty cool alright :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Nah, I still prefer Raw
    Smackdown! is much better imo. It has been really since Angle, Finlay etc have come in. But whats really making RAW catch up is the Boogeyman. WWE really have to get rid of him as its always the thing that makes me want to change the channal

Nah, I still prefer Raw
    Despatch wrote:
    Sure, the matches can be a little rushed but isn't that more of an incentive to watch the PPV's? WWE PPV's just don't seem all that special any more and their TV shows are just full of filler material.

Joe v Sabu should be pretty cool alright :D

In six sides of steel! its gonna be great.

Yeah TNA just need a longer show and theyre laughing. I cant see it happening soon though.

Nah, I still prefer Raw
    I'd agree with TNA needing a longer show. I haven't watched Impact regularly in over a year now, I just watch the ppv's mainly. It's easy enough to catch up on any angles. If TNA had a two hour show, I could see it being better than any WWE show

Nah, I still prefer Raw
    Well TNA's PPVs recently have been way better than WWE's. Hopefully WWE will build on the potential they have now on Smackdown to rival the X Division style on TNA. It will make it better for us all!!!

Advertisement