Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB-platinum card

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

okidoki987 wrote:
    Can somebody tell me the attraction of this card?
    I heard the ad on the radio and was going to apply when I discovered the "cashback" but then decided not to when I saw the conditions.
    (A) You must spend over 5,000 a month to get any "cashback" and that only applies from the 5k over.
    (B) Applies for the first 12 months only.
    So apart from having a CC designed by John Rocca (no big deal),
    what is the attraction?
    Isn't there a card that gives 1% cashback all the time?
    well i use the card alot and sometimes do go over the 5000 a month.also i would like to find out of other cards that giv 1% all the time.i think american express do.and are they based in ireland.
    also i like the look and it is very exclusive.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

It looks ****e,

There isn't a bank logo so everyone turns it upside down looking for it,

It's as exclusive as Dunnes,

The only good point is the cashback - you don't have to spend over 5k per month - the 5k is the minimum yearly spend.

parsi wrote:
    It looks ****e,

There isn't a bank logo so everyone turns it upside down looking for it,

It's as exclusive as Dunnes,

The only good point is the cashback - you don't have to spend over 5k per month - the 5k is the minimum yearly spend.
    what do you mean its exclusive as dunnes.:rolleyes: .

its a beautiful card.have you seen it in real life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

its a beautiful card

It's a piece of plastic. Any one who obtains a credit card on the aesthetic merits deserves..well, I can't think of anything bad enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭jdc78

drdre, I'm confused... if you always pay off your credit card in full within 56 days and spend over the 5000 Euro min for cash back and have a mortgage that you obviously pay off each month, along with other expenses, you must be making quite a bit of money which makes it seem very odd as to why AIB would request bank statements and decline you. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    what do you mean its exclusive as dunnes.:rolleyes: .

its a beautiful card.have you seen it in real life

I have it in my wallet. It's a standard credit card sized piece of grey plastic. The mag strip is grey. The only good thing about it is the cashback.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

On a side note, does naybody know if there is anyway of NOT paying the Government 40 euro sur-charge for having a credit card?

I dont have one because the idea of handing over money to the government for a piece of plastic that has become one of life's estentials bugs the life out of me.

parsi wrote:
    I have it in my wallet. It's a standard credit card sized piece of grey plastic. The mag strip is grey. The only good thing about it is the cashback.

alright, do you know if american express are based in ireland.i heard they also give cashback benifit.i use my cards alot thats why i want it.then i can just keep 1 card like this with good limit.
    whats the limit on your card.are they all 15k basic.

guys i just want to know.if i get an additional card on my account.will the person get a full limit as i have even if i use up my limit.or how does it work.thanks

also american express work in conjunction with boi, so boi provide there cards in ireland the
    Blue American Express Credit Card .;)

And you get back 1%:D

The limit is shared between both cards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

jank wrote:
    On a side note, does naybody know if there is anyway of NOT paying the Government 40 euro sur-charge for having a credit card?

I dont have one because the idea of handing over money to the government for a piece of plastic that has become one of life's estentials bugs the life out of me.

Yes,
    Have a credit card issued in another euro zone country, transfer money there for free with IBAN to pay off card

jank wrote:

its worth paying the 40 euro, as you can make alot of money from the card, you just need to know how to use it:D

drdre wrote:
    its worth paying the 40 euro, as you can make alot of money from the card, you just need to know how to use it:D

I suppose not all of us can be such a financial whizzkid as you obviously are - I mean all the trappings, mortgage, credit cards, 1.4 Golf, business account for your phones.

As an aside - for someone who seems to be so wellup on "how to use it" you seem to ask a lot of basic questions....

parsi wrote:
    I suppose not all of us can be such a financial whizzkid as you obviously are - I mean all the trappings, mortgage, credit cards, 1.4 Golf, business account for your phones.

As an aside - for someone who seems to be so wellup on "how to use it" you seem to ask a lot of basic questions....

thanks for the comment.i am a whizzkid i juggle alot and it works:D i know i might ask basic questions but i like to get other views from members as i am not always right.

like i asked about american express, im not really fimilar with that card and also i asked about the aib one because i want to get one and just wanted a easier way to get it:rolleyes: (but theres no eay way as i have realised)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

I'm surprised someone hasn't offered a custom credit card where you give them a picture or something that is then printed on the card. It would be pretty cool. Mine would say "MBNA are ****".

It's the sort of silly thing I expect these days, like getting my name printed on my Nike Shox and getting an engraving on an iPod.

I'm surprised someone hasn't offered a custom credit card where you give them a picture or something that is then printed on the card. It would be pretty cool. Mine would say "MBNA are ****".

It's the sort of silly thing I expect these days, like getting my name printed on my Nike Shox and getting an engraving on an iPod.

why do you think mbna are ****.i had mbna before and thought there service was crap and also they started added payment protection when i didnot want it and i cancelled the card.but now i applied for the platinum mbna card and they accepted the application so im back with them again and hope i donot have any problems as if i do i will just cancel again:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Just because. It's the ultimate non-conformist conformist statement. Like buying Nike and getting "Swetshop" put on it. Irony.

Just because. It's the ultimate non-conformist conformist statement. Like buying Nike and getting "Swetshop" put on it. Irony.

what the hell?:rolleyes: :Dthe benifit is they give cheque book and a credit card.so its really 2 in 1

Yes, because using the chequebook attached to an MBNA card is the height of financial common sense..

BuffyBot wrote:
    Yes, because using the chequebook attached to an MBNA card is the height of financial common sense..

yes it is common sense;)

• Advertisement

Well, if you like paying cash advance fees, I guess it is..

BuffyBot wrote:
    Well, if you like paying cash advance fees, I guess it is..
    it does not make a difference to me as i have make afew thousands from my credit cards.so i know exactly what im doing:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

DrDre are you 12? You sound it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

perhaps the court will accept plastic at your upcoming case drdre.

drdre wrote:
    it does not make a difference to me as i have make afew thousands from my credit cards.so i know exactly what im doing:D

Well you must be.. you seem to cancel more credit cards than I've had hot dinners.. all those 40euro charges...

Is it true that Eddie Hobbs wears drdre pyjamas ? Or is it a case that you still haven't grown out of your romper suit...

parsi wrote:
    Well you must be.. you seem to cancel more credit cards than I've had hot dinners.. all those 40euro charges...

Is it true that Eddie Hobbs wears drdre pyjamas ? Or is it a case that you still haven't grown out of your romper suit...

i have not cancelled any cars yet, i have 3 at the moment and 1 mbna one arriving this week. so i will have to decide by next week as i will need to cancel 1 for the new commer:D .

I was watching eddie hobbs on rte today.he didnt have much to say as he was just talking about ssia, and i donot have one so i have nothing to worry about.

Has anyone got the blue american express card?Whats it like and also is it 1% cash back or 1% to charity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Platinum is so last year, I mean everyone has one don't you know.

Black is the new Platinum:

http://www.natwestblack.com./natwestblack/information/application.asp?source=nm

MrP

MrPudding wrote:
    Platinum is so last year, I mean everyone has one don't you know.

Black is the new Platinum:

http://www.natwestblack.com./natwestblack/information/application.asp?source=nm

MrP

thanks for the info but we cannot get that here as its for uk only.is that true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Catney

yves wrote:
    I have 3cards with total credit of just under 45000 - one is the wifes. I paid my stamp duty of 18000 on my credit card as I couldnt get the necessary funds together as my house sale fell through. I then transferred money around the place continually paying off the loan - 2 of the accounts are MBNA. I paid a total of about 26 euro in interest which was worth its weight in gold. Apart from this time I have paid every credit card off on time. If you cant pay off your card your are overspending. If you wanna spend spend, get an overdraft NEVER NEVER have credit card debt.

Interest rate is 10.6% on the JR plat card, so really isnt any different to an overdraft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

drdre wrote:
    thanks for the info but we cannot get that here as its for uk only.is that true?

I think it is UK only, unless Ulster Bank or Bank of Scotland start handing them out. I doubt that will happen though, looks like they are trying to keep it pretty exclusive, like the Amex Black. Just stuck it up as an FYI as you seem to like you cards.

Very swanky card all the same. I am moving to the UK in a few weeks anyway, maybe I'll try to get one.:D
    MrP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement