Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International payment... on AIB Internet Banking

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

AIB Online Banking is certainly coming together .. now, if only we had an alternative to the bloody code card!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

This is great news for me :)

Hopefully IBAN transfers will be possible and the charges the same or similar to what my Austrian account charges! I can't imagine it will be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

the code card is a turn off, how is it practical if you run out of code and have to wait for another card... it's kinda cheap skate solution...

i'm also banking with HSBC abroad, everything done in the branch can be done online. how sweet. as for the code card equivalent, HSBC provides me with a tiny device that generate random code which i need every time i log on to their online banking system. i suppose the code generated is tied up with your account number and unique serial number of the device.

AIB should have done the same, they would but they probably just wanna save costs not to providing the customers a device like that for FREE.

mart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

It's about time that an Irish bank started offering this!
    It's been available in most European countries for years...

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

This is great news for me. Does any other Irish bank account offer this service even though going into the branch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Most offer it through the branches, some via telephone banking..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

AIB online banking is excellent, indeed sI want to jum ship to PTSB for free fees but just can't bear to lose the tidy interface

Advertisement