Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal

• 29-03-2006 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

Who (when they beat Juve!!) will they play in the Semi ?? Barca/Benfica
    or Milan/Lyon ??

And can Arsenal repeat Liverpools fairytale run of last year ?

discuss

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

berengar wrote:
    or Milan/Lyon ??

discuss

None of above Inter or Villareal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

berengar wrote:
    or Milan/Lyon ??

discuss
    Inter or Villareal ad yes they can repeat Liverpools success. At this stage they look more likely than liverpool did last season, but they also need alot of the luck that liverpool got aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Arsenal will not win the Champions League, I guarantee it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

besty wrote:

Why not? You going to shoot Henry or something??:rolleyes:

They have a good a chance of the teams left in fact better then a good chance.

Nothing is gauranteed in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

besty wrote:

dont speak too soon,i think they have a cracking chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Why not applaud a great preformance. Arsenal are not my team but it was good to see some football for a change rather than the diving and cheating of the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

If 2005 taught us anything, it was that anybody can win the Champions League. Arsenal have as good a chance as anybody still in the competition... but one step at a time I think would be the wisest philosophy to take here. I really think people should focus on the game in Turin next week before anything else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

If 2005 taught us anything, it was that anybody can win the Champions League. Arsenal have as good a chance as anybody still in the competition... but one step at a time I think would be the wisest philosophy to take here. I really think people should focus on the game in Turin next week before anything else.

Exactly. Its good to see that Henry and Cesc shares the same sentiment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

smashey wrote:
    Why not applaud a great preformance. Arsenal are not my team but it was good to see some football for a change rather than the diving and cheating of the weekend.
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that they play great football at times (if somewhat inconsistently and to their detriment at times) but I don't think they have what it takes to win it. I know that from the last number of years, nothing is to be written off too soon, but I just have the gut feeling that they will choke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

besty wrote:

I remember saying something very similar when it was Porto and then again with Liverpool. Come to think of it I also said the same regarding Greece in Euro 2004!!!

As recent football tournaments go the one thing they have shown us is don't ever rule anyone out!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

yeah but with Barca in there ????

i think Barca will see em off in the final especially if Ronnie is fit...

if he;s not well......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Any team can half an off night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

have on off night ?

yeah lets just wait and see....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Barce are suspect in Midfield, no Xavi - no Win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Comin from a Man Utd fan I just put 50 or Arsenal to win it...They have a great chance, especially if Villareal turn it around at home to Inter.

"A quality player for the future of both United and Ireland.(Refering to John O'Shea)"
    True quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Can't put money on Arsenal to win. Have wanted to for many years. Last time put money on the Arsenal was the European Cup Winner's Cup Final against Real Zaragoza. Damn Esnaider, thought that would have been the least of my worries until Nayim popped up. So if Arsenal do manage to go far this year, I won't be making any money off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

The only team that don't look like they could do it is Juve. For a team thats running away with serie A they haven't impressed me in the CL at all over the past two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Last time put money on the Arsenal was the European Cup Winner's Cup Final against Real Zaragoza. Damn Esnaider, thought that would have been the least of my worries until Nayim popped up. So if Arsenal do manage to go far this year, I won't be making any money off them.

I was at that match, the worst night of my life!
    3 of us (Irish) were in the Arsenal section and when the referee blew up, the cops LOCKED the games to stop the Arsenal fans getting out. This was scary I'll tell you but about 10 Arsenal fans got out just before it was locked.
    The 3 of us legged it out of there as we thought there was going to be trouble when we saw the French Police legging it up the stairs.
    Thankfully one of the 3 lived in Paris and spoke French so we were okay but the cops looked like they were ready for a fight.

As Wenger said it would have been better with a 3rd goal but Juve have to score twice to have any chance which they may well do but Arsenal are very likely to score over there which will mean Juve need 4!

Arsenal/Inter semi would be a 50/50 game as would Barce/AC Milan
    (if they all get through)
    and as said above any team can have a bad game in a Final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

berengar wrote:
    or Milan/Lyon ??

discuss

What a stupid topic, when they beat Juve?

You still have to play them at home, if they play like they have been all season in seria A they could easily beat arsenal by 3 goals

Advertisement