Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Firefly Character

• 29-03-2006 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Whats peoples view on the best character of the show.

Those who need some info on them click here

Who is the best FireFly Character 49 votes

Shepard Derrial Book
    0%
    Jayne Cobb
    6%
    OSiriSRev HellfirePugsley 3 votes
    Kaylee Frye
    32%
    suttyYakuzaIvanStarkjaggehsecret_squirreltbatoffoCiaran500tvnutzRhymeTheIrishGroverDoc_SavagewashiskinLealonieAVgeek 16 votes
    Captain Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds
    14%
    ampRedshiftSleepyPurpleFistMixerPisteslovessmgbiko 7 votes
    Inara Serra
    24%
    LawdieCactus Colvengeance52David StewartKiithBasqjoshcorkPlunkyTerrorFirmersachamamaRealJohnirish son 12 votes
    River Tam
    4%
    red daveSchuhart 2 votes
    Simon Tam
    10%
    claire hstar gazerbobkCaprisunganeagla 5 votes
    Hoban 'Wash' Washburne
    4%
    Daelusscoobycookies 2 votes
    Zoë Washburne
    4%
    TheWolfsupersheep 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Inara Serra
    In order:

1. Mal
    2. Jayne
    2. Wash
    3. Zoe
    4. Kaylee
    5. Simon
    6. Book
    7. Inara

Least favourite being Inara - irritates me with every moment of screen-time. Not sure why!

Mal being my favourite just cos he's the epitomy of cool but a real hardass too. Too tough call between Jayne and Wash in second so i'm putting them joint-second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

...No, sorry, I can't do it. They're all too brilliant. Best thing about firefly, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Inara Serra
    Mal is very cool and hard assed but funny too.

Personally Zoe kinda bugs me, love to see her and Jayne in a fight. (granades allowed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

Hoban 'Wash' Washburne
    I agree with Raphael, it's just so hard to choose because they're all such great characters. That said, I went with Wash. :D
    I loved his moment at the beginning of the pilot episode with the dinosaurs, that summed up his character for me pretty perfectly, I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Kaylee Frye
    I couldnt see Firefly the same way without Jayne... he's usually the one to break icy situations and provides almost all of the comic relief. Mal in close second though... quality cast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Inara Serra
    Definately Mal...usually in these types of show I tend to like a member of the support cast who usually occupies the type of wiseass/tough guy Mal provides in Firefly. But not in this show!

Seconadry, probably either Jayne or Simon.

Out of all the characters, I really don't like Zoe - I find her simply annoying, but that said, I can't pinpoint any reason why really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Kaylee, she's just so damn cute!

Have to agree I think that having such a strong cast of characters is the reason the show's stayed so popular. Would have loved to see the characters fully fleshed out in the series rather than having to tie everything up quickly in a movie...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Kaylee Frye
    Jayne - without a doubt!!
    I like Mal but Nathan is beginning to annoy me.
    Wash would be my second fav along with Kaylee

Thank God I'm not alone in hating Inara!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Kaylee Frye
    Love all the characters,which is one of the things that makes the show so great.

If I had to put them in order Id say

Jayne
    Wash
    Mal
    Kaylee
    Book
    Zoe
    River
    Simon
    Inara-(didn't think much of her as a character,but didn't really hate her either!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Inara Serra
    i'd have to pick Mal as my all round favourite, but i love some of Wash's lines..
    "oh my god, who's flying this thing...oh ya, that would be me", or "oh god god, we're all going to die"

anyway, for me its
    Mal
    Wash
    Jayne
    Inara - (cause she's so damn fine)
    River
    Simon
    Kaylee
    Book
    Zoe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Caprisun

Simon Tam
    if we're talking about the film and not the series i reckon its River Tam all the way. A girl who kicks ass and doesnt have any of Buffy's annoying one liners.
    respect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

River Tam
    I'm voting Inara, to see what its like to give her one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

River Tam
    It was .... very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Inara Serra
    Schuhart wrote:
    I'm voting Inara, to see what its like to give her one.

Do the poll on hottest and it goes to Kaylee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My favourites:

Kaylee (cos she's so cute and remains upbeat and optimistic (and not in the irritating way) throughout every situation)
    Mal
    Jayne
    River
    Wash
    Simon
    Zoe
    Inara
    Shepherd Book

Inara Serra
    one thing that bugged me was how Shepard book was an expert on weapons and assasins etc. I know thats part of his background, and he is clouded in mystery, but looking at a bullet wound and tellin the rest the exact type of rifle used, come on people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Inara Serra
    The most interesting character has to be River but I voted for Mal because he's just cooler. River has probably the most potential.
    Book has a lot of potential too but since it was never expanded on, he was just boring.

For all you people talking about how great Wash is, he hasn't got a single vote.
    I've always assumed (since finding out there were only supposed to be 5 main characters initially) that Wash was one of the other 4. Sure, he has a few good lines but basically, he's pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Kaylee Frye
    thats why i dont kiss em on the mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

Zoë Washburne
    'twould be neck and neck between Mal and Wash. Since RealJohn's pointed out Wash's lack of votes at the mo, I guess i'll go with him

Inara Serra
    jaggeh wrote:
    thats why i dont kiss em on the mouth

Best line ever :D

-V-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

Zoë Washburne
    one thing that bugged me was how Shepard book was an expert on weapons and assasins etc. I know thats part of his background, and he is clouded in mystery, but looking at a bullet wound and tellin the rest the exact type of rifle used, come on people.
    Whatcha mean come on? It's do-able. Folk can do it in the real-world - they can't tell it came from an M-16 as opposed to a Steyr Aug, but telling something came from a high-powered sniper rifle (which I believe were his exact words) would be fairly easy.

As for favourite characters, it'd be a toss-up between Jayne, Mal, Kaylee, Wash, and maybe Book (mainly for the mystery, I would love to know his background).

Inara Serra
    supersheep wrote:
    Whatcha mean come on? It's do-able. Folk can do it in the real-world - they can't tell it came from an M-16 as opposed to a Steyr Aug, but telling something came from a high-powered sniper rifle (which I believe were his exact words) would be fairly easy.

As for favourite characters, it'd be a toss-up between Jayne, Mal, Kaylee, Wash, and maybe Book (mainly for the mystery, I would love to know his background).

Well the lines were
    "This is precision work. Sharpshooters. From the look of these wounds, I'd say a 54R sniper rifle. Laser sights."

How did her know there was laser sights, all im saying, is that his information is so precise and all he does is glance about. I get the mystery thing, but i think it would be good if he was stumped once in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

Zoë Washburne
    Ok, the laser sight is stretching it a bit, but 54R probably (based on RW-rifles) refers to cartridge size, which someone sufficiently experienced may be able to identify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lealonie

Kaylee Frye
    new here first post :)

y'know what the chain of command is? it's the chain i go get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command here

i think you know who's my fav is

Jayne rules!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Kaylee first cos she's a character that is both girly and nerdy at the same time. Jayne rocks though. It's the best character I've seen that Adam Baldwin play ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

Inara Serra
    Mal wins cus he has the most depth of character you get the sense he was through alot and has lots to say. Jayne is excellent aswell very funny lines and he pulls them off with just the right amount of humour or sarcasm or whatever.
    And Kaylee is very cute too :)

Advertisement