Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Pro Tools

Options
  • 29-03-2006 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hey, I've recently bought pro tools with no experience using music software. I figured if I was gonna buy some software, I may as well buy one of the best and try work with that. I was wondering do you think i'm better off payin for lessons and if so would anyone recommend a tutor, or would i be better off gettin a particular book and if so would anyone recommend a book. I've tried using the manuals that come with it, but always seem to hit a brick wall. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

The pro tools method one DVD that comes with the Mbox 2 is absolutely brilliant. I'd been comfortably using pro tools for two years and then i watched this and learned heaps.
    My mate watched the dvd before even starting with Pro Tools, and he's flying

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Yea, the dvd is quite good. Digidesign do sell a complete pro tools introduction book. It's as big as a phone book. But it has everything explained in it step by step. I always have it in the studio just in case. It's expensive but worth it. It assumes that you have no knowledge of computers or pro tools. I think its about €150. Dunno where you can buy it. Probably online. I got it through a friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

well i figure if you need somebody to hold your hand to learn pro tools, you're probably better off staying away from electrical devices!!!
    I don't mean to be mean about this, but don't be afraid of pro tools. It's your friend.
    I have mates who i've taught it to, and the most they learnt was from messing themselves. It's a very versatile enviroment.
    Any questions you want answered, feel free to pm me. I'd love to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Bobon

Well, i would agree that i probably am doing it the lazy man's way!! For some reason I didnt even realise the dvd was with the package. I will give that a bash.Thats great, thanks for the information people, and thanks for the offer jtsuited.

• Advertisement
Advertisement