Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Burner went to lockout

Options
  • 29-03-2006 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Had an interesting problem this morning with the outdoor boiler at my rented accomodation. Kept going into lockout.

When I got there I noticed some of the fibre glass insulation has been in and around the burner, as if a mouse had been in there and ripped it up.

Asked the tenant does she leave the door open and she said she did so told her she was enticing the mice to come in and take refuge there by doing that.

Anyway, when I took out the burner, some of the fibreglass, a very small bit had made its way into the burner nozzle area and behind it and covered the photocell.

Just something to watch out for for anybody with outdoor boilers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Had an interesting problem this morning with the outdoor boiler at my rented accomodation. Kept going into lockout.

When I got there I noticed some of the fibre glass insulation has been in and around the burner, as if a mouse had been in there and ripped it up.

Asked the tenant does she leave the door open and she said she did so told her she was enticing the mice to come in and take refuge there by doing that.

Anyway, when I took out the burner, some of the fibreglass, a very small bit had made its way into the burner nozzle area and behind it and covered the photocell.

Just something to watch out for for anybody with outdoor boilers.
    Same thing happens when boilers are situated in utility rooms beside washing machines and dryers. Clumps of fluff, either block the photocell or lodge on the electrodes, causing lockout.
    Jim

Advertisement