Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family guy season 4 DVD

• 29-03-2006 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

Months ago when i preordered this on play.com
    it said there were 21 eps in this series, now its down to 13 ?

Have they decided to split it into 2 new series ? because I have heard
    there were at least another 35 eps in the pipeline after it was announced it was to be brought back ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

The one on play says it has 13 episodes
    http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=R2&title=877363

And this one on cdwow has 21 episodes on it

http://www3.cdwow.ie/detail_results_2.php?product_code=267478&subcat=region2

Im confused:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

they went along with season 4 and all of a sudden one week it was season 5 without any break in between seasons (could be because season 4 was delayed or somethin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

So which is it then? 21 eps or 13 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

We're still on Season 4, the "cousins in America" have been labelling episodes wrong, we're not on Season 5 yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

neither season 4 has 30 episodes in it thats it there is no season 5
    after it was cancelled due to dvd dales of season 1,2,3 they had a agreament to make season 4 with 30 episodes then end it for good (they can still make more movies if they want the 1st family guy movie i thought was good)

season 5 was confused people mislableing it after the x-mass holiday break

• Advertisement

So i was in HMV and he told me it has 3 discs so probably about 21 eps,
    so are play.com selling a different version ? surely not ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Well I ain't paying £16.99 for 13 episodes. Although 31 does sound a bit much. 20+ I'd be happy with.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

CD-WOW have a disclaimer now on their link for the S4 DVD:
    Please note: Although Fox Home Entertainment state this is the fourth season, it is only the first 13 episodes from Season 4

I think, for money grabbing purposes, FOX are labelling them as fourth and fifth seasons. From a production point-of-view though, there's only the fourth season and hence the confusion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i think FOX can go **** themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i think FOX can go **** themselves

Totally. They brought the show back on it's dvd sales, and are now planning to milk it for all it's worth. Either that or they're hoping for poor sales figures to use as an excuse to cancel the show again for whatever reason they had in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, I work in a video library and I asked my bosds to order this for me and i found an order from and it's around €25, so if we're only getting 13 it's probably nott that bad a price!

just out of interest , i see these pic. signatures people have like the one above "lost addict" , "family guy addict" etc, where do you get them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

userbars.com

So im presuming they will release the remaining 16 eps or maybe 13 eps as season 5 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Both season 4 and American Dad arrived in work today,season 4 is only 13 eps,so yes Id imagine the rest of them will be released as season 5.

Yeah.. saw Season 4 of FG in Xtra-Vision for €30

Will wait til the price lowers - bit expensive for just 13 episodes really.

Yeah, I got it and it is 13 eps on three discs, but this time there's commentaries on some eps, and i have to say I'm lving it so far. First time watching them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Just got it today. I recommend every family guy fan gets it. Family guy's fate could rest on DVD sales. That's what brought it back in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

basquille wrote:
    Yeah.. saw Season 4 of FG in Xtra-Vision for €30

Will wait til the price lowers - bit expensive for just 13 episodes really.

Got if for 27 with my Xtra Vison staff discount :D Our amazing 10%,God I hate that job :p But on the upside,5 free rentals a week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I saw it today for €38. And only 13 episodes, and didnt have the money, was disappointed. It said in movie commentary that there were 35 episodes bein made(38, then 3 of them used for the movie). Iv seen some episodes anyway, my ex'ss brother had some pirated. Must admit, they were brilliant. Think I might actually buy it though rather than download it. although shall look everywhere for cheaper first, obviously. I think the episode with the Passion of the Christ 2 in it is priceless, methinks!

• Advertisement

Better price!

And i've a £2 voucher for SendIt.com too - cha-ching! :D

It's the same price on Amazon, but then again you've to pay for the delivery but you get it faster.

Mushy wrote:
    I saw it today for €38. And only 13 episodes, and didnt have the money, was disappointed. It said in movie commentary that there were 35 episodes bein made(38, then 3 of them used for the movie). Iv seen some episodes anyway, my ex'ss brother had some pirated. Must admit, they were brilliant. Think I might actually buy it though rather than download it. although shall look everywhere for cheaper first, obviously. I think the episode with the Passion of the Christ 2 in it is priceless, methinks!

29.99 in HMV
    pretty good, HMV seem to be coping on with their prices, they are now
    only a little bit more expensive then play.com for new releases, which
    is worth it as you get it immediately (unless you preorder ;))
    used to be way more expensive then play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

berengar wrote:
    29.99 in HMV
    pretty good, HMV seem to be coping on with their prices, they are now
    only a little bit more expensive then play.com for new releases, which
    is worth it as you get it immediately (unless you preorder ;))
    used to be way more expensive then play.
    i got it too for 29.99 in virgin but it sold out everywhere in cork city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Anyone else notice, that there's swearing on the DVD version? Seems they specially put it in for the DVDs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

My problem is that I didn't really keep up with the season and what episodes I did see weren't in order. So I'm not sure when exactly they split it down the middle to make it Season 5. And I thought they were a really mixed bag, so might hold off a while on this one.

Blisterman wrote:
    Anyone else notice, that there's swearing on the DVD version? Seems they specially put it in for the DVDs.

Yeah, if you watch on disc 3 a special feature about the family guy phonomenon or something like that, they explain why they did this.

Advertisement