Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2x 6800GT PCI-E (SLI) and 15k SCSI drive

Options
  • 29-03-2006 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

Hi,

As mentioned in the other thread, Im selling 2x 6800GT PCI-E cards. These are actually genuine nVidia reference cards, got them through a contact there when launched. They were run in SLI since then, so no overclocking (as it wasnt needed). Looking for around EUR220 each.

I also have a 15k Atlas II SCSI 73GB drive to sell, looking for EUR150ish.

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Thats a bit steep for used 6800GTs? I got a 6800 Ultra off ebay for €210 brand new just a couple of weeks ago. €220 for 2 used 6800GT and i'd be interested. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

L31mr0d wrote:
    Thats a bit steep for used 6800GTs? I got a 6800 Ultra off ebay for €210 brand new just a couple of weeks ago. €220 for 2 used 6800GT and i'd be interested. :D

Link to more? Thats a nice deal if you have an SLI board that req identical cards.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

It'd help if u picked the for sale forum

Where you talking to me?

Here is a link to ebay. I think its even gone down in price since the 7900's where released.

6800 Ultras on Ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

djmarkus wrote:
    It'd help if u picked the for sale forum

Woops, dunno how that happened!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51127270&posted=1#post51127270

Um.. ignore this thread please! ;)

• Advertisement

L31mr0d wrote:
    Where you talking to me?

Here is a link to ebay. I think its even gone down in price since the 7900's where released.

6800 Ultras on Ebay

The Ultra card is about 10% faster than the GT. I dont know how you thinks that makes the GT worth half as much.

Your link is $199 plus Shipping from some guy in Hong Kong, Plus 21% VAT. Thats around EUR230 all in. If you are planning on illegally dodging paying VAT in import, thats your business.
    Im open to offers, but lets be realistic, eBay Auctions outside Europe are not relevant guidelines. I have the cards here, cash waiting and no hassle.

Matt

EDIT Your auction link is to a guy who doesnt Accept Paypal, payment only via Western Union, Money Transfer etc. Thats no protection for you and is commonly used in scam auctions. I dont appreciate you linking to such a garbage auction to promote your idea of pricing.

Its an urban legend that it's common for non-paypal transactions to be bogus. I paid for my gfx card, NEW from China using moneybookers and escrow. Which is just as secure as paypal. Its your choice whether you use an insecure money transfer method, and anyway i'm not telling people to buy from Ebay. As this thread isn't in the forsale section either I didn't see a problem just commenting on the asking price.

Maybe I was just trying to get you to lower the price to a point where i'd be interested. :) Didn't work, so apology given. It is a good asking price in fairness, you're not going to be able to get them much cheaper elsewhere, and be sure of their condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Paypal is a joke, you can only get your money back if there is money in the scammers account which is not going to be the case if the person is scamming you. The only comeback is through your credit card company.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

What? So if the person that scammed you bungs the money into their bank account before Paypal catches them, tough look:eek:

All credit to Paypal, They got me my €200 back after a dodgy seller never sent me my software. I asked him for proof of postage and he gave me a receipt dated a few weeks before the auction:rolleyes: :D

Yes, if the seller is clever enough to remove all cash from his paypal account you get nothing from them.

• Advertisement

krazy_8s wrote:
    Yes, if the seller is clever enough to remove all cash from his paypal account you get nothing from them.

But as you say, you get your money from the CC anyway, so that really doesnt matter. Some of the other non-PayPal (anyone remember all the Western Union scams?) options dont allow CC use at all and therein lies the problem.

Price change btw on the 2x 6800GTs:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054910404

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Paypal isnt the only money transfer method out there. Because someone uses something different doesnt mean its a scam.

And you are protected up to 500€ free insurance with paypal and ebay, so if anything goes wrong and sellers dont refund you simply get in touch with them.

You always get your money back

This is what im saying, some people use paypal without a credit card and never get their money back. Also with or without the 500 Euros insurance, if they have removed all money from thier paypal account you will get nothing. The insurance is there on the basis that the money can be removed from the offending account. And if anybody has happened to use a different account from the same computer/ip that account is banned and all the money is frozen. Paypal is absolute crap and knowing now my rights concerning thier system I would never recommend it to anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

I got ripped off 300 bucks on ebay/paypall a few years back. It was a mobile phone which was never sent to me. I contacted paypall and they refunded me 11 euros which was all the guy had in his account. Not being satisfied I did a reverse charge on my cc and got the 300 back. So I was accually up 11 euros in the end.

The above two posters are correct, I was ripped off $1100. Paypal refunded me a whopping $52. Went to the CC company and they reversed the charge to PayPal and I got my money back (and PayPal were out of pocket). CC company said PayPal were taking the piss. After that, PayPal rang anyone I bid with and asked them to prove their identity!! This of course pissed off many Sellers and made things difficult for me. Thankfully they seem to have given up these background checks when I bid last year.

Matt

Advertisement