Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"onspeed.com"

• 29-03-2006 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

anyone used this product before? Just wondering if it's worth it or not seeing as ripwave is so CRAP!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

it may make a difference as in make ripwave 'appear' less crap BUT only when browsing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

No it's bull****, all it does is compress image files via a proxy server before your computer displays whatever page you're looking at on the web so it loads a little bit faster, it doesn't speed up downloads or turn 56k into 512k like it purports. It's a con.

Can someone sticky the fact that OnSpeed is a load of bull**** as someone asks about it every month?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Well, that's not entirely a con is it? I mean, it makes broswing faster by compressing your requests before they come down your line. That makes sense to me. Also, from their website it does show what works with their compression e.g. picture files, flash, html, .doc etc.
    It may not work for .exe or divx files but that doesn't make it a "con" now does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Well I think something that claims to turn a 56k line into a 512k one with a piece of software (when it doesn't) is rasping out of it's @rse. You're obviously sold on the idea, pay for it and download it - you'll see..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Laguna wrote:
    Well I think something that claims to turn a 56k line into a 512k one with a piece of software (when it doesn't) is rasping out of it's @rse. You're obviously sold on the idea, pay for it and download it - you'll see..

I'm not really, just wondering if anybody had actually used it. I take it from your deep love of it that you bought it and immediately felt ripped off!!??:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

I actually tried a trial version of "onspeed". and to be honest its pretty useless. Only difference I noticed was that images loaded on web pages slightly faster, but the image quality was dire. As for it producing "near broadband speeds" via a 56kb modem (as its website suggests)...pure BS. Unless of course they were referring to Irish Broadband.....:rolleyes:

Advertisement