Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So how many of your friends watch wrestling?

• 29-03-2006 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

A thread inspired by gimmick when he asked sunbabe wan could she not get a taped show off one of her friends.

Basically my friends would have zero interest in it. A few would have a passing interest and would have been into either when they were a kid or during its peak in 1999. But I know every time I bring anything up to do with wrestling or about going to it, I just know there thinking "Will he ever just shut up?!".

Just another Q, are you ever reluctant about telling people you like wrestling? I know I sure I am. Number 1 because they just don't get it and number 2 because alot of the stuff WWE has shown on tv over the years has been pretty tasteless.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

a few may some interest in it but NONE but me will watch it...
    they all stopped watchin it about 4-5 years ago and they know lol how big a fan I am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Im always mad hesitant to say it to people. I have one mate who is as avid as i am, and a few others who tolerate it, and loads who just dont get it. My dad is always on my case about watching it, he even called Shawn Micheals a **** (my dad is pretty old and pretty religious and all that,hearing him say that was akward to say the least!). He likes all the Japanese stuff though, theyre real men!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I have about 4/5 friends who I'd say are big into it. Good few more who have a passing interest or used to be fans. Most of them just think it's a big homo-fest though

I'm not really reluctant as such to say I'm a fan. If they go on about it being gay, with oiled up men and spandex and all that ****e, I just say I'm not a fan of that stuff. Because I'm not. I'm a fan of wrestling! So much more to it than just that aswell, the comedy, the storytelling, the personal aspect to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

to be honest with you, with some of the crap thats come out in the past few years i find myself turning into the guy thiinking "would you ever shut up?" if my friend brings it up.
    the main reason i come here and talk about it is for the main part the people here have a very sensible view of the whole thing and will say it sucks when it sucks and will say it was great when it was great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The majority of my core of good friends are into it, to be honest though, as previously stated they know when it's **** and when it's good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I used to like it when I was about 12 but other then that I don't like it, and neither myself or my friends watch it....although I won't deny it can be entertaining to watch some of the matches when flicking through channels on tv. As a big fan of wrestling from the mid nineties I just can't stand the soap they have made of WWE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

HavoK wrote:
    As a big fan of wrestling from the mid nineties I just can't stand the soap they have made of WWE

I find it much harder to like WWE than I used to these days, but the alternatives are often much better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Most people I know don't like it, or have a very tiny bit of interest. One or two are interested to the point that they'll go watch the live show in the point but wouldn't watch it every week, and one or two would be massive into it.

I've never been afraid to say I watch wrestling, but, it's not something I advertise (except when I'm wearing wrestling tshirts ... then I am advertising it )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

A few do, one wrestles himself for the CWA, but most don't. Having said that, they have a suspicious wealth of information when it comes to talking about it....?

I get a lot of 'how could you watch that crap? It's fake, overly dramatised and has ridiculous characters' which I refuse to take seriously because it's usually followed by 'did you see Fair City/Corrie/Eastenders/Emmerdale last night??!'.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Quite a few actually. And we arent kids either, we are all well into our 20s, some moreso than others :o

Hoping to have a decent session for Mania on Monday night.

And those of my friends who aren't into it, know I am, and dont even bother trying to engage me in the tired "wrestling is crap" argument anymore because they know they will lose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

over the years i watch it for a while then i go off it, then i come back, then i go off, then i come back. i just say i am a fan. they can like it or lump it.
    i know a few like me that go for it then go off then come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I have a friend who likes it way more than me and actually wants to be a wrestler. I have another friend who hates it though. Says it's fake, stupid, etc.

I wouldn't exactly brag about being a wrestling fan but I wouldn't be ashamed to say I watched it if someone asked...unless it was a girl. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

gimmick wrote:
    Quite a few actually. And we arent kids either, we are all well into our 20s, some moreso than others :o

HA HA. You just burned yourselve!! and thats the worst kind! :D
    Just like most people here all my buddies know im into it and dont really try to argue with me bout it but in fairness there's actually only about 1 or 2 who arent into it but suspiciously still know a lot about it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

I have a friend who likes it way more than me and actually wants to be a wrestler. I have another friend who hates it though. Says it's fake, stupid, etc.

To quote CM Punk "Who cares about baseball? Baseball's fake!!"

Use this, just apply it to their favourite sport

Advertisement