Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Next time I am going to the cops!!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Someone once tried tomess with me in a not to dissimilar situation and I pretended to use my mobile to ring the cops - they turned off at the next junction.
    How did you make sure they knew you were ringing the cops?

I had a similar situation to you last year. Some douche bag sitting in the right hand lane in traffic while I was in the left. He didn't like the fact I was moving quicker than him so tried to speed up and cut me off when the two lanes merged but to no avail. The spa then proceeded to drive up my ass and flash his lights at me to which I replied with some friendly waving. Then when I'm turning right up ahead he blocks up the junction while he stops, leans out of his car with pad and pen in hand and makes sure I notice him taking my license plate number. All I could do was laugh and give him the wanker sign.
    Too many people get way too uptight with crap drivers. You shouldn't let them bother you so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Nothing is more likely to make me hog the overtaking lane than some arshole flying up behind me flashing lights and beeping horns 6 inches from my bumper. i.e. if I am overtaking someone who is driving at 100 kmh and I am lets say doing 110 kmh when dickhead in his impreza comes up behind me at 150kmh and does the aforementioned tactics, am I going to get out of his way. My bollix am I. In fact it is more likely that I will slow down to 100 kmh and cruise at 100kmh alongside the other car to teach dickhead a lesson that the flashing, driving 6 inches from my bumper tactics don't work on most people. However if dickhead had kept a safe distance while I was overtaking I would gladly have moved back in to the slow lane and dickhead is free to go on endangering his own and everybody elses life...

I think this a very human response, something I might do myself, if provoked enough. Whereas if the "Dickhead" were to chill out a bit, slacken off and just wait 15~30 sec the road would be free again. But then I guess "Dickhead" is know known for long range thinking, (Long range meaning more than 5 sec into the future).
    You can always aim one of your window washers high over the car. (or power it off a 24V batt) so you give them a free wash while waiting. ;)

commited wrote:
    Not in Ireland they dont. Inside is the inside lane, outside is the outside lane. We only drive on one side of the road here. I've also never seen or been on a 3 lane motorway in Ireland.

Yeah, I know.... but inside in what... the ditch or the median.

Kaiser2000 wrote:

..... Also, the human eye is drawn to movement and thus it's quite likely that other driver you referred to would catch a (suddenly) flashing light/indicator in his mirror.

In that case s/he shoud have noticed my headlights... which are alway on.

Thought there was a 3 lane section of the Nass DC at the Dublin end.
    True, I have not encountered any long continuous sections..

Advertisement