Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FLY Extermination

Options
  • 30-03-2006 6:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi
    hope someone here can help me. I have just moved into my new house. I was up in the attic when i noticed that there was alot of flies. I looked aroud but can not find the source. There must be a nest there some where but i can not find it. Does any know a way to kill all of them including any nest that might be there.
    Cheers Allnight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I had a similar problem a few years back. My solution was to offload a can of Vapona every few days and sweep them up. It went on for a couple of months. It might be worth investing in a UV unit/zapper thing like you see in the butcher shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There have been a number of threads on this here, they're not your average run-of-the-mill bluebottles, but a specific type of fly that lives in attics, called ... 'attic flies', or sometimes 'cluster flies'. Do a search here, or Google on 'attic flies'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

spiders

Advertisement