Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ferrari Moment.

Options
  • 30-03-2006 8:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

Television does not convey the magic of motorsports. I suppose like lots of you I have watched F1 on TV and marvelled at the views from in car cameras. Yesterday I was behind a Ferrari F355 who was in turn behind a Merc SLK. It was a windy road with no opportunity to overtake, or a least you would think so. The Ferrari driver zipped sideways, and I do mean zipped, accelerated and pulled back in front of the Merc in about 100 metres. It was the most breathtaking manouever I have ever seen. The was no hint of danger anywhere. This guy could drive the car. I have seen lots of Ferraris owned by wealthy people who could afford to buy and pose in the car but not drive it.

It made my day but probably spoiled the day for the guy in the SLK.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

If he had done that in Ireland after this weekend, he might of gotten some penalty points. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

The Ferrari driver zipped sideways, and I do mean zipped, accelerated

Ain't it cool...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

If the SLK guy liked Ferrari it may have made his day too. I had a 360 Modena behind me once and I slowed down to let him pass just so I could hear the engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 jdwals

I had an Astom Marin DB7 overtake me once - I made him work just a little for him to overtake (nothing dangerous) just to hear the sound of the engine as it accelerated to overtake - fab! Can only imagine what a Ferrari would sound like.....

Advertisement