Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shevchenko to Chelsea

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Absolutely no chance of this happening. Milan would be foolish to sell him and they wont sell him. Why would you sell the best striker on the planet? That and that fact that he want's to finish his career with milan and doesn't want to leave also doesn't tie well for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Frightening if true.
    Just when I thought Liverpool were making ground and only 7 or 8 players short of a league winning squad. Arsenal also could vastly improve with a years experience for their youngsters provided they hold onto Henry.

An excellent striker and Chelsea could be formidable.

From the football italia website and the man himself:

Andriy Shevchenko has told Chelsea that he has no plans to join them as he would like to become a Milan legend.

"I'm bored and tired of these rumours about Chelsea," stated Shevchenko. "I still have three years left on my contract and am only thinking about Milan and ending this season in the best possible manner. Although nobody can say with any certainty what will happen in this game, I am happy at Milan and I have already said that I want to end my career here. I want to become a 'Milanista' like Franco Baresi and Paolo Maldini."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

iregk wrote:
    Absolutely no chance of this happening. Milan would be foolish to sell him and they wont sell him. Why would you sell the best striker on the planet? That and that fact that he want's to finish his career with milan and doesn't want to leave also doesn't tie well for Chelsea.

I would bet Chelsea have 75 million reasons and the fact hes 31 isnt helping.

Lol club with 31 year old refuse to sell him at a profit!!! likes that going to happen.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

KdjaC wrote:
    I would bet Chelsea have 75 million reasons and the fact hes 31 isnt helping.

Lol club with 31 year old refuse to sell him at a profit!!! likes that going to happen.

kdjac
    Emm I believe he is 29!!! Kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Midget Lord right? the day this happens is a sad day for this forum.

How many other players can get linked to clubs? have to remember journo's have to sell papers during the closed transfer window so the bigger the story the better. Yesterday it was Quinn to Sunderland and now today it is the favorite of someone to Chelsea. Tomorrow it will be Van Nist to Milan to replace Shev

Oh yeah why would they replace Shev with Crespo? they are 2 completely differnet players, Crespo runs the line while Shev plays as an HEnry role for Milan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Big Nelly wrote:
    Midget Lord right? the day this happens is a sad day for this forum.

How many other players can get linked to clubs? have to remember journo's have to sell papers during the closed transfer window so the bigger the story the better. Yesterday it was Quinn to Sunderland and now today it is the favorite of someone to Chelsea. Tomorrow it will be Van Nist to Milan to replace Shev

Oh yeah why would they replace Shev with Crespo? they are 2 completely differnet players, Crespo runs the line while Shev plays as an HEnry role for Milan
    I did say
    MAYBE
    Big Nelly.

irish1 wrote:
    Emm I believe he is 29!!! Kdjac

He is indeed 29 and has plenty more left in him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

irish1 wrote:
    I did say Big Nelly.

Not attacking you or anythign mate but the amount of these threads poping up each day is getting a bit annoying. There is a transfer rumours thread at the top of the forum. Not sayign you are but alot of the newer people to the forum seem to think if they read the Sun/Star/Mirror in the morning and read all the bullsh*t in there about who is going where they then come on and post it here which fills the forum full of crap stories.

For example read Midget Lord thread above. I have made the point, why create a thread with just....Shev goes to Chelsea, can't say who told me but its true. To be honest thats the biggest pile of ***. I only believe rumours like that when a certain bannor reports them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2006/march/30/shevchenko-to-chelsea

wrote:
    Andriy Shevchenko

LONDON, Mar 30 (SW) - The Guardian is reporting that AC Milan striker Andriy Shevchenko and Chelsea have agreed to terms, signaling a summer move to Stamford Bridge for the Ukraine international.

Reports suggest that Shevchenko has agreed in principle to a four-year contract and is prepared to submit a transfer request to Milan.

The Italian club value Shevchenko at £35 million, and Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich would appear to be content to match the San Siro club’s valuation, though £10 million-rated Hernán Crespo could go the other way in part exchange.

The transfer fee and Shevchenko’s wages would cost Chelsea nearly £60 million, and with the London club also expressing interest in luring Bayern Munich’s Michael Ballack and Arsenal left-back Ashley Cole to Stamford Bridge, it could be another summer of unprecedented spending for the English champions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

The Guardian is reporting that AC Milan striker Andriy Shevchenko and Chelsea have agreed to terms, signaling a summer move to Stamford Bridge for the Ukraine international.

Reports suggest that Shevchenko has agreed in principle to a four-year contract and is prepared to submit a transfer request to Milan

If that article is true then Chelsea are guilty of tapping up as Milan have not agreed to talks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

dang :/
    great for Milan though, 35 million sterling! for a 29 year old, which i'm fairly sure is breaking the club record.
    That said, considernig last week he said that he didn't want to move, I'll believe it when I see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Ah there's always chance its true, I can see Milan taking that kind of money for a 29 yr old, especially with so many strikers being touted about for poetential moves, realistically as a united fan id defo take that kind of money for RVN considering his age and if we were getting a striker with Crespos record as part of the deal id be delighted. 25/30 million would easily pry lots of world class strikers away....

Pure fabrication people as I said earlier. This is nothing than a sell newspapers attempt outside of the transfer window when nothing else is happeing.

Milan’s Andriy Shevchenko has poked fun at the latest reports from England which insist that he will join Chelsea in the summer.

The Ukrainian has been continually associated with a switch to the Premiership outfit, with some whispers on Thursday claiming that a deal had already been done.

Yet Shevchenko has laughed off the latest speculation as he again committed his future to the Rossoneri.

“I would like to thank the English Press as perhaps Milan will now call me to their offices and extend my contract,” he stated this afternoon.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footb...lia/mar30h.html

“I would like to thank the English Press as perhaps Milan will now call me to their offices and extend my contract,” he stated this afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Shevchenko wrote:
    “I would like to thank the English Press as perhaps Milan will now call me to their offices and extend my contract,”

cant see him leaving AC Milan myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

milan are not a selling team, they have no need to sell any player that they wish to keep. shevchenko wont be leaving milan, and i doubt he'd want to join a team who's achievments are hollow and mean very little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

From => http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=375408&CPID=21&clid=&lid=2&title=Shevchenko's+cheeky+response
    Shevchenko's cheeky response
    Andrei Shevchenko has cheekily thanked English journalists for publishing stories suggesting that he has signed for Chelsea.

The Daily Mail claimed that a deal has already been struck to take the Ukrainian striker to West London on a four-year contract worth at least £110,000 per week.

Blues owner Roman Abramovich is a huge fan of Shevchenko but the Milan striker, who was engaged in UEFA Champions League combat on Wednesday night in Lyon, says he has no plans to quit the Rossoneri.

"I only know about this story because there are others who continue talking," he stated on Thursday.

"Anyway, I thank the English journalists because maybe, in this way, Milan will call me and extend my deal.

"I know nothing about any offer and I am absolutely relaxed.

"I have nothing to deny because everything is clear."

Milan have constantly expressed their intention to keep hold of the Ukraine captain, who will lead his side into the World Cup finals for the first time in their history this summer.

The Serie A club drew 0-0 in Lyon with Shevchenko denied a priceless away goal by keeper Gregory Coupet.

I also find the thought of him moving to be pretty unrealistic at this stage. 29 is pretty much peak for a player, if he were to move from milan i would say maybe in 2 years, but not now. Still prob get 30mil from Roman then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

doesn't Berlusconi own part of Milan? In the power scales in football, he'd be the only one who'd top abramovich.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He doesn't part own Milan, he is the 98% share holder.
    A few of his friends and ex-milan players own the other 2% between them, Baresi and Leonardo own a small piece each and I think Gilanni owns a tiny part of the club.

Silvio is the richest club owner in the world, I think he is worth (liquid) about twice as much as Roman?

Oh yeah the story is tripe, Shevchenko will retire in a Red and Black jersey.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

According to Forbes Magazine, Silvio Berlusconi is Italy's richest person, an allegedly self-made man (see section) with personal assets worth $12,000,000,000 (USD) in 2005, making him the world's 25th richest person.
    Sweet jebus!

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's our Silvio :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

To clarify the forbes thing

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/10/Rank_1.html

Roman is ranked 11th on the list

Silvio is ranked 37th on the list

That to me...would make Roman the richer, hehe :)

That would be Net worth.

Take away the oil companys and the what not and he has far less Liquid assets than Silvio.

And to be honest someone probably will take away his oil companys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Afiak Roman sold all his companies. The money he has is cash. He is richer than Silvio.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11309-1802012,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Seaneh wrote:
    That would be Net worth.

Take away the oil companys and the what not and he has far less Liquid assets than Silvio.

And to be honest someone probably will take away his oil companys!
    Forbes wrote:
    Orphaned as a child, Abramovich dropped out of college, then made a fortune in a series of controversial oil-export deals in the early 1990s. His fortune took off in 1995 when he teamed up with Boris Berezovsky to take over oil giant Sibneft at a fraction of its market value. (When Berezovsky fled Russia in 2000 to escape fraud charges, he sold out to Abramovich). In 2003 to 2004 sold his stake in Russian Aluminum to Oleg Deripaska. In Fall 2005 liquidated his biggest asset, selling his 72.6% stake in Sibneft to Gazprom for $13 billion. Now Abramovich, who last year was re-appointed governor of the distant northern region of Chukotka, can devote more time to his hobbies--mega yachts and soccer team Chelsea Football Club. Has also been investing in Moscow's commercial real estate market.

Looks like he sold the oil companies, so therefore, yet again, thats money in the bank :)

anyways, back on topic

Shev wont be going anywhere and thats a fact!, lol

One word.

Media Set.
    Sell that and Silvio is richer!

Damnit, roman can't lose all his money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Complete and utter rubbish. Sheva has three years remaining on his contract. Milan would never sell a Sheva who is happy at the San Siro. This speculation is just another example of a paper refusing no ink.

From March 27th:
    Andriy Shevchenko insists he wants to stay at AC Milan for the rest of his career and is not interested in a move to Chelsea.

The Milan marksman, who helped guide his country to the World Cup finals in Germany this summer, is keen to clarify how happy he is at the San Siro and is purely focused on winning more trophies there.

"I am annoyed by the Chelsea rumours," he told L'Equipe.

"I have three years remaining on my contract.

"Today, I only think about Milan and ending the season in the best way.

"And then? I don't want to talk about it. It is nonsense now.

"I repeat it: I am fine at Milan.

"I've already said I want to end my career here, even if you can't plan for it in football.

"Would I like to become a 'Milanist' for my whole life, like Franco Baresi or Paolo Maldini? Yes.

"But I would never give up a national cap for money. Even if I play for a club I love, I am and will remain a Ukrainian."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

why does he go on a rant about a national cap?

I wouldnt be all too suprised too see it happen. Think alot of people here are hoping that if they pray//believe it wont happen, then it wont. :D

why does he go on a rant about a national cap?

I wouldnt be all too suprised too see it happen. Think alot of people here are hoping that if they pray//believe it wont happen, then it wont. :D
    Perhaps he says that to counteract any rumours that he may choose Milan over the Ukrainian national side after the World Cup? That's my best guess and it does seem the most likely cause of those particular comments.

I would be very surprised to see Sheva leave Milan this summer. That's because he won't. The rumours are tosh, I tell you! (I needed an excuse to use the word 'tosh' today. Cheers.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

iregk wrote:
    . Why would you sell the best striker on the planet?.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

You only sell for money when you have to or when the player is not proforming.
    Milan have the 3rd highest income of any football team in the world, are woned by a multi billionere and have a massive transfer kitty already, selling just because money is something they don't have to do, if they really did want money he would have been sold last year or the year before, because both times they were offered €50 million by both chelsea and Real Madrid.
    Why sell now?

Besides, he's pushing for a new contract!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Seaneh wrote:
    You only sell for money when you have to or when the player is not proforming.
    !

Or when someone is offering a lot more than he is worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Thought he was 31 :confused:

Regarless of how much Milan have they cannot compete with Chelseas wages or prices. If they could they would have got Crespo last season and not wasted any money on Vieri.

I think Shev is gone to Chelsea with RVN heading to Milan.

kdjac

They didn't waste thier money on Vieri, they signed Gilardino for £17m and got Vieri on a free, sound like a much better deal than signing a 29 year old for 8 million to me.

KdjaC wrote:
    Regarless of how much Milan have they cannot compete with Chelseas wages or prices. If they could they would have got Crespo last season and not wasted any money on Vieri.
    Crespo wanted to stay at Milan but he was recalled from his loan deal by a Chelsea management who were impressed by his displays at the San Siro.

Sheva is not going anywhere. He is still under contract at Milan until 2009. He has said that he was definitely staying at Milan countless times. And yet the baseless rumours contimue.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Lads whats even more of a deal then Shevo is that they will get Freddy Adu, he's a huge talent and would light up the EPL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

blu_sonic wrote:
    Lads whats even more of a deal then Shevo is that they will get Freddy Adu, he's a huge talent and would light up the EPL
    In fairness, he is totally unproven at such a high level and is still so young that it's impossible to predict he would be such a hit in the Premiership. Still, with that said, I think if Adu is to move to an English club, Chelsea's billions will do the talking.

True but he looks like the 1st American superstar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Only he's from Ghana :)

i thought he was just of Ghanan decent like nolans irish etc.

• Advertisement

Wikipedia wrote:
    Freddy Adu (full name: Fredua Koranteng Adu) (born June 2, 1989 in Tema) is a Ghanaian born American soccer player who gained fame when, at the age of 14, he signed a professional contract with MLS, making him the youngest professional athlete in modern history.

Born in Ghana, but from the age of 8 lived in the US. From what I remember, Ghana tried to get him to declare for them, saying they'd take him to the World Cup - at the time, the US were telling him to wait, and that he probably wouldn't be capped by them for some time. But then, within weeks of Ghana's interest, he came on as a 81st minute sub for the US, and is in line for a world cup spot.

Which is all very interesting. Especially with Ghana and the US in the same group for the World Cup.

OOO that has to hust, Imagine someone like Duffer doing that to us ouch

Well, we're profiting from a similar situation - McGeady is a scot, isn't he?

lol i suppose and sure a few english lads too, and the whole nolan debate a few threads over. Hows he edgable (sp?) to play for the states?

KdjaC wrote:

I think Shev is gone to Chelsea with RVN heading to Milan.

Wrong again. If they wanted Milan could compete with Chelsea at transfer or wages. They are 3rd hightest in the world when its comes to income (way above chelsea) and are also possibly the best run club in the world. They have no debts, own all of their assets and are one of the most marketable clubs in the game. Their owner is one of the worlds weathiest men in liquid and not paper.

They don't compete with Chelsea on wages or transfers for one reason. It would spell financial ruin. They have a wage structure in place and a transfer structure also that they do not break, ever. When the club underpreforms the players take a 5-10% pay cut. When they do well they get a 5-10% raise. Going head to head with a loss making orginastation (chelsea) you run the risk of bankrupting yourself. Pretty obvious choice there.

They got Vieri on a free last year so don't know how that qualifies on wasting money on him and didn't take Crespo back as Chelsea were asking too hight a price for him. So to summerise Kdjac your totally off and there is no way in hell Milan need or want to sell Sheva. He will retire there.

Sky Sports News reported the Sheva has tanked the UK press for generating the hype in him, he feels it will hurry the milan board to offer him a contract. lol. Sheva to stay at big bohs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Advertisement