Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duleek Shooting

Options
  • 30-03-2006 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what pub in Duleek this was in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kittenz

Man injured in Meath pub shooting
    30/03/2006 - 08:07:44

A 28-year-old man has been hospitalised following a shooting at a pub in the Co Meath village of Duleek last night.

Gardaí say a man entered the Carranstown Lodge just before 11pm and fired a number of shots at the victim from a handgun, wounding him in the stomach.

The two men subsequently became involved in a struggle and the weapon fell the floor.

The gunman left the scene and fled in a waiting SUV-type vehicle driven by an accomplice.

The injured man was taken to hospital in Drogheda, where his condition is said to be stable.

A loaded firearm was recovered at the scene, which is being forensically examined this morning.

Jeysus that is quiet scary!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

whereabouts is the carranstown lodge ? on the drogheda side or other side of duleek ? the only pub i can think of on the drogheda side of duleek is the Tollstone pub , just up the road before the petrol station

i am not sure, i was thinking it was the tollstone too, not too sure though, but that is what came to mind when i heard the carranstown lodge!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

The Carranstown Lodge is the Tollstone. It was renamed a few years back. You'd never think there'd be a shooting at it. Would be good for a getaway - straight into Drogheda or onto the motorway. Any news on the victims name or what the feud is about??

no other news that i can find yet..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

yes it was the tollstone. i drove past on way to work this morning and was all sealed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Theres some mad gun crime going on at the moment.

I would have expected it to be O'Neills if any pub in Duleek! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

sofireland wrote:
    Theres some mad gun crime going on at the moment.

I would have expected it to be O'Neills if any pub in Duleek! :)

...more likely the Greyhound...they're all too busy playing the slots in O'Neills to notice anyone walking in wearing a balaclava!

Advertisement