Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike test questions

• 30-03-2006 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the waiting time to take a driving test on a motorbike is at the moment?

I want to get the full 'A' licence but at the moment I'm only driving a 125 with a Provisional 'A' licence. Does anyone know where I could hire a bike suitable for taking the test? If I did hire a bigger bike, how would I get insured on it just for a day or two so I could take the test?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Dragstar

Hiya

The waiting time is about a year, but if you apply to Raheny or Finglas and stress that it is a bike and not a car, the time can go down to about 6 weeks.

If you want to hire a bike, the best thing would be to get a pre-test with an instructor, and then hire the bike on the day of the test.

Aaron Rider Training are absolutely brilliant. Peter keeps getting students to pass with clean sheets! He has a moped, a Hartford 125, a 250 cruiser and a CB500 available to hire.
    His number is 086-1739654 or aaronridertraining@hotmail.com
    www.aaronridertraining.com

Hope this is useful to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Thanks for the info Dragstar, that's just what I was looking for.

Advertisement