Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walworth Farce - Everyman Palace

Options
  • 30-03-2006 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Have any of you seen this play yet, it's new by Enda Walsh. All I can say is "OMIGOD" - it will knock the socks off you - go into the Everyman Palace Website and read it up, then get your ticket - it's only on until Sat night. It's comical, it's very, very dark, it's fast - the lead character scared the hell out of me - and I think he deserves the highest acclamation, as does the rest of the cast. Everyone left the theatre going "WOW". I am dying to tell you more but that would ruin it for you. Trust me - it's so worth going to. J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Saw it. It was good. Acting was really good but it sagged and became annoyingly repetitive in places. Yes, duh, the audience gets the repetition thing but the play should have respected the audiences intelligence for them to understand it. The ending was lazy in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

OK - so you and me got it and a lot of others got it - but equally loads of people didn't get it - I heard that on opening night during the interval a lot of them were very puzzled. But wasn't the lead guy - the father, Denis Conway, scary! I liked the ending - didn't picture that son killing the father, then knowing he couldn't continue his life like that, put his own on the line - the fact that the remaining son had the chance to escape but was trapped in his strange little world, was creepy. I reckon if they do the screen play - we'll see a Tarantino production - and a hell of a lot more blood! I was there on the Wed night and the audience were really impressed - a lot of loud whopping and clapping, several bows - there was a really great atmosphere there that night.

Advertisement