Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walworth Farce - Everyman Palace

Options
  • 30-03-2006 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Have any of you seen this play yet, it's new by Enda Walsh. All I can say is "OMIGOD" - it will knock the socks off you - go into the Everyman Palace Website and read it up, then get your ticket - it's only on until Sat night. It's comical, it's very, very dark, it's fast - the lead character scared the hell out of me - and I think he deserves the highest acclamation, as does the rest of the cast. Everyone left the theatre going "WOW". I am dying to tell you more but that would ruin it for you. Trust me - it's so worth going to. J

(I put this into Cork section - but as the production is touring - if it plays at a town near you - get your ticket!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

Have to agree Judes. Saw it in the Helix, Dublin. Incredible. Brilliant. Hilarious. Horrifying ? I didn't know what to think coming out. If I had the time I'd probably go and see it a 2nd time.
    Most original Irish play I've seen in years, & I'd seen a clip of it on TV & thought it looked crap. Thank God I went. I'm not sure whether you're better off not knowing anything about it before you go, or knowing a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I think you're right - "knowing a little" would help. A few people in Cork were a bit confused on opening night - I think you need to be prepared for the character changes etc. as it's all so fast. But I tell you, if a pin had dropped in the auditorium that night, you'd have heard it. (well maybe not if it was shouting scene) but you know what I mean. Glad you enjoyed it too! J

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I've heard very good thnigs about this play, I'm going to try to get tickets for tomorrow night, hopefully it's not sold out.

Advertisement