Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quarries in Galway???

Options
  • 30-03-2006 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi, could anyone help, I'm looking for summer work in a quarry in the Galway area as I have previous experience with Roadstone in Meath but moving to Ardrahan for the summer. Looking for a job driving heavy machinery or general plant/quarry maintenance. Its good money and I really need to set up a job soon before I head over.

I have already applied to Roadstone Two Mile Ditch and Kilchreest, but I would like to know of any other quarries in the area, or anywhere that would have similiar work.

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

cannon or cannons are near there, big quarry (s?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

lacaugh ?? quarries ??? no idea if thats the right spelling .. out the limerick road .. past oranmore ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

There is a large quarry outside Loughrea (not the Kilchreest one.) Its about 3 miles out the Tynagh road. The exact name of it escapes me now, as it has been many a month since I passed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Lackagh have a two big quarries in Menlo, McTigues in Belclare and Mortimers in Belclare are also quite big - give 'em all a bell...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Cool, thanks I must look into that one, it would be in a perfect location for me, Tynagh is close. If you think of the name of it let me know. Its a hard industry to find locations of on the web!

• Advertisement

Cheers 'cptr, is Belclare far from the city? I'd have to commute from Ardrahan which as about 25 mins from the city. It's in the Tuam area I gather?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cmmni

try road stone on the taum rd, just before the ballybrit turn off...
    cant miss all the trucks coming out...

I did, have to call them again in a months time. Its hard to set up a job that I'm looking to start in June, but I don't wana definately move for the summer unless I've a job set up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

faigs wrote:
    is Belclare far from the city?
    It is twenty minutes from the city centre - you would turn off in Oranmore, turn in Claregalway and twelve minutes will have you in sunny Belclare. It is four miles from Tuam on the Galway side.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

faigs wrote:
    Cheers 'cptr, is Belclare far from the city? I'd have to commute from Ardrahan which as about 25 mins from the city. It's in the Tuam area I gather?

What about GOODE concrete out near adrahan? right beside you..

• Advertisement

Yeah I think I'll try them, are they on the main Gort road? Only thing is they only have a plant and it would be harder to get in for summer work. Worth a try though, thanks!

Any more quarries anyone?

Advertisement