Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Book Values / VRT Calculator

Options
  • 30-03-2006 11:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

[EDIT: I thought I was being clear but obviously not: My enquiry is about book values, not VRT values. The reference to the VRT calculator is just in relation to the book values it provides. --adam]

Are these figures reliable, and if so do they need to be adjusted?

I was doing a bit of research on importing an LS400 and noticed that the VRT calculator book value is way lower than the prices being looked for on classified sites, even if you tack on the VRT. (The prices are variable too - there's three '95 LS400's on Carzone atm, priced at 7 grand, 8 grand and 10 grand - but that's par for the course.)

Just curious if the VRT calculator can be relied upon to any degree, even if the figures have to be adjusted by a certain amount. If not, is there another way of finding out book value? Parker's is only good for certain cars, and presumably their book values are away off ours anyway.

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

The calculation I did prior to importing was exactly what i paid the revenue for Vrt.Remember not to lie or you will have to pay extra if they examine it.I noticed the omsp was lower than what dealers here are selling them for alright, but thats good when you are paying vrt on this amount

Advertisement