Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Green Party - ard fheis?

Options
  • 30-03-2006 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Can any one tell me why the Green Party Ard Fheis was not broadcast this year by RTE?

I thought that they would have had enough of a Vote for their Ard Fheis to be broadcast.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Pazaz 21

It's a national conspiracy headed by "Podge and Rodge" to de-stabilise the Green Party.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

The Greens have complained about the issue before to no avail. RTÉ still consider them small fry politically and aren't prepared to do it. Although they were the main story on the news on the Saturday of the Ard-Fheis.
    If they manage to increase their seats at the next election there's a good chance they'll be taken a bit more seriously. After all, in the run up to the 2002 GE every RTÉ commentary I say reckoned that the Greens would be lucky to keep the two seats they had at that point. RTÉ are slow learners.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

But I was sure that their Ard Fheis was on last year.

And will the PD's confrence be broadcast I was sure that they wheren't as big as the The Greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Isn't it on this weekend, not last weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

No the Green Party Ard Fheis was on in Kilkenny last weekend.

TV3's Political Party dedicated a full show to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

It was last week, it's Labour this weekend.

All the speeches from the Ard-Fheis are available on the Green website in MP3 format, for anyone who felt deprived, when it wasn't broadcast on telly.

www.greenparty.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The latest polls published by the Sunday Business Post showed the Greens with 7%, a 75% increase on their voter turnout in the last election.

With peak oil predicted for next year and the government only starting to make noise about it since noticing the Greens' advancing numbers I think they might actually realise this gain in the next election. I don't agree with all of their policies but I'm seriously considering voting for them this time around.

Sleepy wrote:
    The latest polls published by the Sunday Business Post showed the Greens with 7%, a 75% increase on their voter turnout in the last election.

With peak oil predicted for next year and the government only starting to make noise about it since noticing the Greens' advancing numbers I think they might actually realise this gain in the next election. I don't agree with all of their policies but I'm seriously considering voting for them this time around.

Whereas you wouldn't have contemplated voting for them before? Who would have been your previous choice?

Advertisement