Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone on ESB/Merrion Sq IBB mast?

• 30-03-2006 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

I'm currently on RTE mast which was working fine up until last week or so. Now IBB want to move us to ESB mast. Anyone on that mast able to give me some feedback on how well it works for them on that mast?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I would say be happy! ESB Mast would be pretty good me thinks. Would this be directly connected to the ESB Fibre connection?but maybe its not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Well I'd be happier if they kept us on RTE mast and just fixed whatever prob We have.

Not sure of how the ESB mast connects into network. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Finally problem solved!

Engineers came this afternoon. Nice pair of guys. They even gave me a crossover cable! :D

Anyway no need to move to another mast. As I thought, problem had nothing to do with LOS from me to RTE (can see the mast from window).

Kept me on the same sector and just changed ip address range. The guys were saying they had the exact same problem with another customer in my area. So looks like one of the ip ranges on RTE has gone corrupt or something.

All sorted now! :D

Edit: 1.95Mbps Down 9.65Mbps Up. Sweet!

Advertisement