Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[news] Data storage firm creates 200 jobs in Louth

Options
  • 30-03-2006 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single6246
    30.03.2006 - A Californian data storage systems firm backed by Oracle boss Larry Ellison’s venture capital company is to create 200 jobs in Co Louth. Pillar Data Systems will be establishing its EMEA headquarters in Drogheda as part of an IDA-backed investment that was aggressively fought over against other global locations.
    The new operation for Drogheda will have sole management responsibility for sales and marketing, technical support, finance, operations, IT management and business analysis in the EMEA region.

It will create 200 high-calibre jobs over five years across these business areas. The office will be initially based at the International Sales and Marketing Centre in Drogheda.

Pillar has developed a proprietary computer data storage product — the Pillar Axiom — that gives cost and integration efficiencies and provides a competitive challenge to the current established products on the market.

Axiom integrates storage area networking (SAN) and network attached storage (NAS) into a centrally managed storage platform capable of scaling to hundreds of terabytes of capacity.

The company, which is funded by Tako Ventures, LLC, the private equity firm of Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle, has spent the past four years developing this product and intends to market it to customers in the government, telecommunications, financial, energy and healthcare sectors.

Pillar’s CEO Michael Workman explained: "Pillar's philosophy is to provide products that make the management of computer data over a network simpler, more flexible and less costly.

“We intend to make a strong impact in the global storage market and we have an effective strategy for the global rollout of our product the Pillar Axiom. This new headquarters in Drogheda is an integral part of that strategy.

“Key influencing factors in our choice of Drogheda were a favourable business environment, a high quality of life for employees and the support and encouragement of IDA Ireland. It is also in close proximity to Dublin Airport, which was important as European customers will be regular visitors to the site," Workman said.

The news was welcomed by the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment Micheál Martin TD who revealed that the investment project was “aggressively fought over by the IDA against strong competition from other global locations”.

He said: “More and more high-technology companies are discovering the benefits of locating in the smaller towns throughout Ireland and Pillar Data Systems is a perfect example of the type of company we want to attract. It will be a valuable addition to the north-east, providing high-calibre employment opportunities across its business.”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Its about time too that Drogheda received a jobs boost, it needs more jobs to cope with the booming population .For the past year or so it seemed to me that Dundalk got all the investment and new jobs. Very convenient too that the local government minister Dermot Ahern is a native of Dundalk ...hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Drogman

Has anybody got any idea when they will start recruiting?

I've been looking to move to a good large company nearer to home for ages now and this would be ideal if I got it.

Will need to do my research on the company now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Having Noel Dempsey didn't help meath/navan did it? 10000 commuters everymorning at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭loopyloulou

Drogman wrote:
    Has anybody got any idea when they will start recruiting?

I've been looking to move to a good large company nearer to home for ages now and this would be ideal if I got it.

Will need to do my research on the company now ;)

Me too!! Would love to get somethng closer to home, if anyone hears anything about this please post here

Advertisement