Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has God got a name!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

robindch wrote:
    "falls prey" is an excessively polite way of putting it.

It's my New Years resolution to be excessively polite to religious freaks.

*crap*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Sapien wrote:
    It's my New Years resolution to be excessively polite to religious freaks.

*crap*
    I must say you are living up to your resolution. Take care, the next thing you know you will be turning the other cheek:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

His name is Bob.

There ya go, close the thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

K-Tric wrote:
    His name is Bob.
    There ya go, close the thread now.

Bob? How unromantic! Come up with a better name and we'll see.
    asiaprod wrote:
    I think that would be a very good way to explain the differences between eastern and wester religions and beliefs. While Christianity holds doggedly to the written word, as written, eastern faiths view the written word far more flexibly as a key to unlocking higher understanding.

So true.
    Even with just Love, for example - how to explain it? Biologically? Could scientist ever logically, rationally explain it to us to our full satisfaction? We need poetry and mystical writings just as much to describe this expereince we call Love.

We need both. The brain needs one thing, it needs to understand, and the heart needs quite another, to trust and love. And both, ultimately, need freedom, liberation.

Religion is so easily "sold" to young children - their love and trust is still vast -then they become more scientific and intelligent. They wake up to the "non-sence" and either turn their back entirely on anything mystical or start their own genuine search for truth. Like Jesus did.

Once the truth is revealed all religions- give or take a few elements ;) - make sence, both from a rational and irrational point of view.

Advertisement