Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a solicitor in Dublin for property buying

Options
  • 30-03-2006 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

Hi
    can anyone recommend a good solicitor in North Dublin to deal with buying a house. Obviously i'll be looking for the best price as well as good practice.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I'm looking for one as well so I'm joining (and bumping) egan007's thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I contacted http://www.lowcostlegal.ie
    they quoted me 1870 all in - this sounds good
    does anyone have any opinions on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blue Duck

the quote depends on where you are buying and how much you are paying for the property.
    Normally between 0.5% to 1%, however someplace do flat rates - but just make sure this includes everything i.e. VAT, searches etc.
    Check out the list of solrs on myhome.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

"All in" meaning what exactly?

Frank Lenny (franklenny.com) have recommended one of their partner lawyers for 700, but i heard that even that is probably too much.

Edit: Ah, ok. Only saw Blue Duck's post now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Dermot Deane in Dublin did my sisters apt last year and was very cheap , the fee was €500 and the rest came to about €500 incl registering mortgage all searches and VAT as well so she gave him about €1000 total IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tregan

hi there,

bumping this post up as it's the question i now have. can anyone recommend a conveyancing solicitor in north dublin / have experience of please

Tina

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

I can recommend a very good & competitively priced solicitor based in Tallaght... send me a PM for details...

Just a note on solicitors fees....

Main thing to compare between quotes is the actual Professional Fee that the solicitor charges as the outlays & registration fees etc will be more or less the same irrespective of which solicitor is used. Don't use a solicitor looking to charge you a % of the purchase price. They are many good solicitors charging a flat fee as their professional fee. Only use a solicitor that someone you know has used or has been recommended to you...

thanks for that killers1, i have send you a PM for more details and another question .... does it matter where in the country they live - say we in dublin and using a wexford based solicitor we know?

tregan wrote: »
    thanks for that killers1, i have send you a PM for more details and another question .... does it matter where in the country they live - say we in dublin and using a wexford based solicitor we know?

Makes no difference whatsoever where the property you are buying is or where the solicitor is based, you can use any solicitor countrywide..... You probably need to meet the solicitor face to face once or twice max to complete paperwork...

• Advertisement

there in lies a little problem maybe? we have three little ones and wouldn't want to bring them when dealing with solicitors. can you still send me the solictor details you know from tallaght as would be nearer to get to that wexford and i will get a quote from them

tregan wrote: »
    there in lies a little problem maybe? we have three little ones and wouldn't want to bring them when dealing with solicitors. can you still send me the solictor details you know from tallaght as would be nearer to get to that wexford and i will get a quote from them

Sent you a PM earlier..?

silly me, see it now and i'll call her in a little while

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

Just rang one solicitor in Dublin 1 and she said 1500 fees + VAT + stamp duty (2000 euros - 1% based on 200K house price) + Land registry(375 euros) + searches(200 euros) etc..total she put was about 4600euos..:eek:

zulfikarMD wrote: »
    Just rang one solicitor in Dublin 1 and she said 1500 fees + VAT + stamp duty (2000 euros - 1% based on 200K house price) + Land registry(375 euros) + searches(200 euros) etc..total she put was about 4600euos..:eek:

Extortionate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Whats the solicitor got to do with stamp duty?
    In fact the only thing there really is the 1500 fees

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

I was under the impression that the land registery fees depended on the type property

IMO €2600is a bit steep ,why dont you call around and see what the average is ? Sometimes the cheaper ones turn out to be very slow getting the searches etc done

I used Maguires in Blanchardstown village and I found them grand

nm wrote: »

Whats the solicitor got to do with stamp duty?
    In fact the only thing there really is the 1500 fees

The solicitor is responsible for paying the stamp duty over to Revenue. It's the €1,500 prof fee that's extortionate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

killers1 wrote: »
    The solicitor is responsible for paying the stamp duty over to Revenue. It's the €1,500 prof fee that's extortionate...

Exactly my point, but you quoted every charge to do with the sale so you can see the misunderstanding

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Man007

I said on here before I got solictor who charged €1300 all in I couldn't comment earlier as we hadn't closed but got our keys today and I would recommend him ended up our land registration was €625 and search fees were €70 so he only took a fee of €491 not sure if I can name on here but if anyone wants the details contact me.

• Advertisement

Man007 wrote: »
    I said on here before I got solictor who charged €1300 all in I couldn't comment earlier as we hadn't closed but got our keys today and I would recommend him ended up our land registration was €625 and search fees were €70 so he only took a fee of €491 not sure if I can name on here but if anyone wants the details contact me.

Congratulations on sale! Think we got sorted with solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Declan1

Whilst value for money is obviously very important, be aware of taking the cheapest option. I learned the hard way, chose a cheaper quote (not the cheapest but at the lower end) and had an awful experience.

I now will only use a solicitor that's personally recommended by someone trustworthy, even if that means paying more money. I would ask the solicitor will it be s/he dealing with the case or somebody else in the practice, and ask them about their contactability.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jess22

I can recommend a very good & competitively priced solicitor based in Tallaght... send me a PM for details...
    Hi mate, just wondering if I could get the details of that solicitor in tallaght as am in the process of getting a mortgage so will need one soon. If u have details of what they charge too that would be great so I have an idea, cheers.

jess22 wrote: »
    Hi mate, just wondering if I could get the details of that solicitor in tallaght as am in the process of getting a mortgage so will need one soon. If u have details of what they charge too that would be great so I have an idea, cheers.

Sent you on the details by PM...

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

Hi,

Can you please PM me get details of the solicitor im in process of buying a house soon?

Thank you.

Hi,

Can you please PM me get details of the solicitor im in process of buying a house soon?

Thank you.

Done...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

A quote from a solicitor in D11:
    OUTLAYS:
    Land Registry fees – deed 375.00
    Land Registry fees - mortgage 125.00
    Copy Folio and file plan 25.00
    Commissioners fees 20.00
    Searches 75.00

Total €620.00

Solicitors Fees 850
    Sundries 50.00

Plus VAT @ 23%

Total €1107.00

Grand Total €1727.00

1% Stamp Duty not included.

Does the above look ok? I'm pretty sure all bases are covered and he has done business for the family previously.

that seems a bit high to me? can recommend my solicitor but she is based in county leitrim ... we have sold our house in dublin ... can ask her to contact you if you want to pm your details to me

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Roxee

Hope you're getting commission Killers1!

• Advertisement

Roxee wrote: »
    Hope you're getting commission Killers1!

I wish!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement