Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a solicitor in Dublin for property buying

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lina1141

i brought sencond hand property from auction,my solicitor charge me totally 3000 euro , which included:professional fee:1150, search fee: 120,vat at 23 percent:274
    commissioners fees: 30 , registration fee: 600 , stamp duty :1619, subdivision of parent folio: 75 , up to date folio: 40
    totally 3000 euro. thats very experience!!,i dont know are those fee should i pay for ?is anybody can give an advicer? thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

My total quoted from my solicitor (with stamp duty and everything) is 3,843 - is this good? I have no idea! I will probably be going with him anyway as my dad knows him but just wondering what the average is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lina1141

i brought sencond hand property from auction,my solicitor charge me totally 3000 euro , which included:professional fee:1150, search fee: 120,vat at 23 percent:274
    commissioners fees: 30 , registration fee: 600 , stamp duty :1619, subdivision of parent folio: 75 , up to date folio: 40
    totally 3000 euro. thats very experience!!,i dont know are those fee should i pay for ?is anybody can give an advicer? thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭cassiedoll

lina1141 wrote: »

all those fees are outlays which the solicitor has to pay out to third parties i.e. Revenue, Property Registration Authority etc.

Registration fee is only €600 from the 1st of December. If your documents are lodged in advance of the 1st the fees will be slightly cheaper. Your deeds can only be lodged once you have keys and have paid the stamp duty. Has this been done?

The outlay fees are standard, search fee is a bit on the high but that depends on the law searchers they use. These searches are carried out against vendor, purchaser and the land/title to make sure all is in order.

the professional fee seems reasonable also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭cassiedoll

leahyl wrote: »
    My total quoted from my solicitor (with stamp duty and everything) is 3,843 - is this good? I have no idea! I will probably be going with him anyway as my dad knows him but just wondering what the average is.

I think you should ask for a breakdown as to how this amount is calculated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 nicairta

Killers1 Could you please send me the contact details of the solicitor in Tallaght you used?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Xsaron1

killers1 wrote: »
    I wish!!

Killers1, Could you please PM me contact details for this solicitor?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 abrahamb1111

Hi

Can you please Pm the details of the solicitor as i am urgently looking to a get a fair priced solicitor to close out a buy deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

We just got charged the following:

PRA fee for registration of deed of transfer: 700
    PRA fee for registration of deed of mortgage: 175
    Stamp duty: x
    Professional services: 1,100
    Misc costs (phone, fax, mail): 30

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dortilolma

We're in the process of buying a house in Dublin and our solicitor was recommended to us by a friend who bought her house in Santry, Dublin last winter.

So far she has been great and is very good value. She's quoted us €900 in her own fees + registration of deed of transfer and registration of deed of mortgage + stamp duty.

All in all it's working out very reasonable for us. She's not charging us VAT as she's just set up on her own (so her annual revenue would be below the limit for VAT) - I'm not sure if this will continue on to other clients.

PM me if you'd like her details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Owen101

Xsaron1 wrote: »
    Killers1, Could you please PM me contact details for this solicitor?

Thanks

Me too thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Owen101 wrote: »
    Me too thanks

PM sent...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sue T

Killers 1.. I must be about the 10th person to ask, but could you please PM me that solicitor in Tallaght. Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Hi
    Would really appreciate a recommendation for a solicitor in South County Dublin (Blackrock, Dun laoghaire, Booterstown etc.) Flat rate if possible :)

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kiikassii

Hi Dortilolma,

Could you please pm me the contact details of this solitor?

Thank you very much in advance

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

nicairta wrote: »
    Killers1 Could you please send me the contact details of the solicitor in Tallaght you used?

When you come across threads like this one- that may be several years old- instead of responding on them- which is known as bringing a zombie thread to life- please start your own thread. As there have been several posts after yours, I am leaving this thread open- however- this thread is vintage 2006.

Please have a read of the forum charter- it has good posting and etiquette guidelines.

Regards,

The_Conductor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement