Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TR TD css issue

Options
  • 30-03-2006 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

My issue is that i want to set a background image for a <tr> tag but not for the <td> tag within

i have alreadydone it and it works dandy on FF but on IE the tr background image is being reapeated in each <td>

heres the html
          <tr class="sectionhead">
            <td align="left"><strong><?php echo _GEN_FORUM;?></strong></td>
            <td width="15" align="center"><strong><?php echo _GEN_TOPICS;?></strong></td>
            <td width="15" align="center"><strong><?php echo _GEN_REPLIES;?></strong></td>
            <td width="110" align="center" colspan="2"><strong><?php echo _GEN_LAST_POST;?></strong></td>
          </tr>

heres the css
    .sectionhead{
     background: transparent url(../images/fhead.gif) right top;
     height:30px;  
    }

Anyone ever come across this before ??
    TNX
    sean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭tvbrat

My issue is that i want to set a background image for a <tr> tag but not for the <td> tag within

i have alreadydone it and it works dandy on FF but on IE the tr background image is being reapeated in each <td>

heres the html
          <tr class="sectionhead">
            <td align="left"><strong><?php echo _GEN_FORUM;?></strong></td>
            <td width="15" align="center"><strong><?php echo _GEN_TOPICS;?></strong></td>
            <td width="15" align="center"><strong><?php echo _GEN_REPLIES;?></strong></td>
            <td width="110" align="center" colspan="2"><strong><?php echo _GEN_LAST_POST;?></strong></td>
          </tr>

heres the css
    .sectionhead{
     background: transparent url(../images/fhead.gif) right top;
     height:30px;  
    }

Anyone ever come across this before ??
    TNX
    sean

Hi I'm not sure if this will help
    at present FF is better at a range
    of css properties than IE

This might need some playing around with

Background Repeat

Syntax:  background-repeat: <value>

Possible Values:  repeat | repeat-x | repeat-y | no-repeat

Initial Value:  repeat

Applies to:  All elements

Inherited:  No

The background-repeat property determines how a specified background image 
    is repeated. The repeat-x value will repeat the image horizontally while the 
    repeat-y value will repeat the image vertically. For example:

BODY { background: white url(yourimage.gif);
           background-repeat: repeat-x }

In the above example, the image will only be tiled horizontally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

This is a tricky one alright. You can read more people having the same problem here. There doesn't seep to be any solution at the moment, but in your case it's actually quite easy to fix. Just add a class (.last or something) to the last <td> and apply the background there and that will fix it.

Advertisement