Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change (i.e. Coins) Machines in Dublin!

Options
  • 30-03-2006 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

I always find myself running out of small change!

'Big change' isn't a problem as one can go into a nearby arcade, stick an €20 into a change machine and get the equivilant in €1 or 50c. However I have not come across a machine lately that will give denominations smaller than this.

Is there any change machines in town (eg in arcades etc) that will give out coins of any or all of the following 20c, 10c, 5c, 2c, 1c?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Most people want to do the opposite. Ask them. :d

You can always get them from a bank (withdrawals are free, lodgements are charged extra).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Aye. 'tis a pain in the arse trying to have exact fare for the bus. Good luck trying to ask for change from a shopkeeper these days. I don't think that there would be any change machines that produce such small denominations anymore - even in arcades they want you to spend 50c a pop at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Can you not get a flowerpot full of pennies in the arcades in Bray anymore??? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

I always have too much change, keep an eye out for me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Problem solved : Found a machine that does 20c :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Pigman II wrote:
    Where...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

Pigman II wrote:
    Its not in the Jarvis centre is it?

Advertisement