Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Provisional Expirory Date

Options
  • 30-03-2006 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey,
    Does anybody know when your first provisional licence expires and whether you have to resit the theory test if it does expire i.e. do you ever have to resit the theory test twice?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

When does it expire? - IIRC each type expires two years after it begun - it will state it on the licence.
    don't know about the others

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

I had my provisional before the Theory test came in. My second provisional expired (as they only give you a 1 year one for the same price) by quite a few months. When I sent in a renewal form they sent me out a replacement license with no mention of a theory test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

do you ever have to resit the theory test twice?

AFAIK once you pass the theory test for a category you don't have to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

No you don't have to resit it, but if you ever apply for another catagory, eg "A" for motorbikes you will be required to sit it, happened to me.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

AFAIK once you pass the theory test for a category you don't have to do it again.

Nope if you sit and pass the test but do not renew your prov licence
    you will have to re-sit the test.

Happened to a Mate @ work this week!

Mik

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

also if your provisional driving licence expired 5 years ago, then you must undergo a Driver Theory test before a new provisional licence can be issued.

Advertisement