Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card payment due dates?

Options
  • 30-03-2006 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I just got my first credit card about a month ago (an MBNA Visa) and am expecting to receive my first bill soon. How may days/weeks after the bill is issued will the "Payment due date" most likely be?

Don't worry, I haven't gotten myself into hot water with my credit card or anything like that; just trying to organise next month's finances in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Think you get 30 days from bill date. beware that you have to pay the full balanceoff by that date or you have to pay interest on the full amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 addie

ballooba wrote:
    Think you get 30 days from bill date. beware that you have to pay the full balanceoff by that date or you have to pay interest on the full amount.

Cheers for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

ballooba wrote:

yeah and i have learnt my lesson the hard way and that was to close my mbna credit card as there charges are ridiculous for different things

eg going over your credit limit
    and not paying on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭Trampas

I have done is create an account on billpay.ie and you can pay your MBNA bill from it. I find it better as it keeps down the bills as when you buy something online you can pay for part of it straight away instead of getting that big bill at the end of the month.

Advertisement