Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

english road tax on english exports destined for ireland

Options
  • 30-03-2006 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    im goin over to uk to buy passat
    it currently has no road tax and the dealership is insisting the car be taxed for the min 6 months
    is there some way of getting a tax rebate on this as soon as i get home with the car or should i have to road tax the car at all!?/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

I'm living in the UK currently, I know that the DVLA will refund you any used months on your road tax if I were to export my car. However I assume that you have to be the registered owner of the car to do this.

Not sure how it will work for you however not residing in the UK. Is the deal going to UK reg the car in your name, or just issue it for export. Give the DVLA a call to find out I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭eurotrotter

hey thanks for the reply
    i will have ownership of the car.
    i am going over to uk to collect it next week and will be driving it home with ferry, but will need to drive as far as ferry port in uk first ( 4 hour journey tops) :D
    thanks again :):D

Mayshine wrote:
    I'm living in the UK currently, I know that the DVLA will refund you any used months on your road tax if I were to export my car. However I assume that you have to be the registered owner of the car to do this.

Not sure how it will work for you however not residing in the UK. Is the deal going to UK reg the car in your name, or just issue it for export. Give the DVLA a call to find out I reckon.

Advertisement