Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Best option for a 6230i car kit?

• 30-03-2006 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

i got a 6230i here on boards on saturday, i'll be changing cars soon and want to get a car kit for it for this phone, what is the best one to go for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Nokia CK 7W.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

Pythia wrote:
    Nokia CK 7W.
    Ill second that,ive one and decided to buy mine without the cradle as i change my phones frequently,and i got it installed in such a way that the charging connector that normally plugs into the bottom of the cradle feeds into my glove department so i still have the facility of charging it also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭roger 2006 yeah

yeah i think i'll invest in this too.

thanks Pythia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah i think i'll invest in this too.

thanks Pythia

i also have this ck7w and its a great piece of kit but do get it fitted professionally as it will be well worth it as sometimes sound in my old car was crap because of mic in the wrong place but in new car its perfect.

how much did it cost to get it installed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

www.carkits.ie installed my CK7W. They did a good job. I think it was about 80e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Once you know how to get the stereo out, it's easy to install any car kit. You have the added simplicity that the CK7W doesn't need a cradle so you don't need to mess around with brackets either. You'll need a mute kit for the stereo as well.

I incidently have a Pioneer DEH-P70BT stereo with built-in bluetooth support. I was going to replace the stereo anyway, so I killed two birds with one stone. Apart from not having to have a separate car kit, it also has the slight advantage of showing the caller's number and you can upload your address book to the stereo and dial straight from it. It's also the best sounding car stereo I've had to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Pythia wrote:
    www.carkits.ie installed my CK7W. They did a good job. I think it was about 80e.

i got mine installed for them for 50euro as i just asked the guy to do a nixer and he said fine.so he came put 1 weekend and it took him max 25 mins and he was gone.:D

cool thanks guys, can't wait to change cars now and get the kit in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Just make sure they dont wire both 12V to permanent 12V, and they do it like its supposed to be done.. 1 wire to 12V another to switched 12V (ACC).
    Lots of installers seem to just link the 2 power wires together.
    This causes problems because the carkit doesnt turn off and under certain circumstances will not pair with the phone untill u reset the carkit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement