Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

House(Channel 6)

• 30-03-2006 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

So is House any good,worth watching? I'm looking ot you basquille.

(FTL;Housey-housey?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

House is great.... clever, well acted and well written.

What is this FTL crap after all your posts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It's stupid.... The FTl, not the programme. It's some summary thing of the post he makes. Stupid if you ask me.

John

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Very strange hearing an American accent from Hugh Laurie. For me he will always be Prince/Lieutenant George from Blackadder...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Thought it was a great show. I suck at reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Lump wrote:
    It's stupid.... The FTl, not the programme. It's some summary thing of the post he makes. Stupid if you ask me.

John

You said it dude....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

I thought Hugh Laurie would have his usual upper class accent. Got I bit of a shock when he started to speak "American". Good American accent though!

As for the programme itself, the jury is still out. I found it hard to know what to make of it. I think the House character is interesting, and I'd be interested to see how things will pan out. I did think some of the dialogue was a bit corny at times, but as I say, we'll wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I enjoyed last nights show. I don't really keep in the loop about the next best shows etc etc so knew nothing about it.

Hopefully it keeps up to a good pilot episode which was shown on C6 last night.I thought the "CSI" type camera/special effects tricks like going into the body was quite clever.

Hugh Laurie surprised me with his accent as I thought he was going to be English. His banter/conversations with his staff was very funny also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

I've been watching it on Five, who are a good few episodes into the second series.

Initially I thought the whole "mystery symptoms/illness" plot device would wear thin, but it dosen't. Although every week all they do is run various scans, it's consistently enjoyable to watch. The twists and turns are sometimes a tad forced but you never guess the diagnosis until the end.

It's works, largely due to Hugh Lauries performance and a clever script. It's a funnier ER with less gunshot wounds. Less GSW more GSOH, if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

currently getting episodes from the magic ditch over there by the talking mushrooms and i must say it is a great show

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I saw about 5 minutes of it before and couldn't get past the American accent... it wasn't that bad but I just couldn't get past the fact that I knew it was put on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I thought it was excellent. Hugh Laurie put on a great american accent.

Directed and Produced by Bryan Signer (of Usual Suspects, Xmen and Superman?)

I was a great opening episode and different.

A good Black Comedy. IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I thought this was a great opener! The dialogue was witty and the characters seem well drawn.

I could do without the trips inside the human body that seem to have become part and parcel of every show in the world but other than that it rocked.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

What UK channel was this on before? Was/is it five or is it BBC?

Looks like Channel 6 has its first thumbs up from the harsh eye of the boards.ie TV viewer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

five

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

was that the guy from neighbours?
    Yep....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

flogen wrote:
    What UK channel was this on before? Was/is it five or is it BBC?

It was on five and Hallmark, although only five have started the second series so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,055 ✭✭✭✭Basq

So is House any good,worth watching? I'm looking ot you basquille.
    Never actually watched it - was thinking of a acquiring it recently but mixed opinions from people have me thinking otherwise!

Might see if i can get some hands on a few episodes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Personally love the show. The medical malaises are interesting and keep you watching, but the show verges on greatness for one reason: Hugh Laurie. Greg House is the kind of role actors kill small babies for, and he takes it on with relish, never once letting sentiment get in the way of being an utterly miserable, but hilarious git. i love the Sherlock Holmes analogies too. If your ever seen im play the upper class tosser in Blackadder/ Jeeves and Wooster its going to be quite a shock, but just proves what a great actor he is.

Advertisement