Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No interest in events anymore?

Options
  • 30-03-2006 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, so I'm actually posting this 'cos I'm miffed at the way this was posted:
    Collegiate Championships
    Contributed by NTSA
    Sunday, 19 March 2006

Collegiate Championships CANCELED due to lack of interest...

The NTSA has decided to cancel the Collegiate Championships due to a lack of interest by the Irish Colleges.

The NTSA will now attempt to hold a 50m prone competition on the Sunday (2 - 04 - 06) to give those still attempting to reach the NTSA's MQS to be concidered for selection to the Irish team for the forth comming ISSF World Championships an extra opportunity to do so. More News on this as I get it...

(For those that don't know, there are two collegiate rifle clubs in the country at present and they compete annually in the colours and the intervarsities, which are run concurrently - the colours is open only to TCD & UCD and is a team event; the intervarsities is an open-to-all-colleges event and will have at least one exhibition entrant from DCU this year. The collegiate championships was a seperate idea thought up by the NTSA after DURC complained at being cut out of the National championships because of it's rescheduling to a point where all the colleges were on holiday with their students scattered to the four winds).

Specifically, I'm miffed because DURC's been training regularly since last year for the intervarsities with a coaching plan worked out with ISSF qualified coaches, and frankly, saying they're not interested belies what they've been doing in air and .22; and as the current NTSA committee is made up of a number of UCDRC people, and one of their shooters was the only shooter that showed up at the last squad training sessions (apart from WTSC shooters, that is), it's obvious that there's interest there. So who exactly are the uninterested Irish Colleges?

(and before you ask, yes I did bring this up with the NTSA in private over the last fortnight, and the article still stands unaltered on their site as a slap to the face for the college clubs).

But why the thread title? Well, it would seem that if the Irish colleges are uninterested, so is everyone else:
    No NTSA Competition.
    Contributed by NTSA
    Thursday, 30 March 2006

There will be No NTSA 50m prone competition this weekend...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I was interested in it....DURC was interested in it, that's 2/3 colleges that have shooters (That I know of), so are they just refering to UCD not being interested? Possibly because they never win? :rolleyes:

Advertisement