Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel 6 on MediaPC

• 30-03-2006 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭

Now that the new Channel 6 has replaced MTV on analog NTL, how might one tune in MTV? and how do we associate a Channel 6 guide with the Channel? Is the guide for C6 available yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 derekphonic

Now that the new Channel 6 has replaced MTV on analog NTL, how might one tune in MTV? and how do we associate a Channel 6 guide with the Channel? Is the guide for C6 available yet?

OK - This is as far as I can tell. But if I screw up the info, I stand corrected in advance.

In Media Center, go to Settings/TV/Scan for more services. It'll have a look for new channels, including MTV. Then go to Settings/TV/Guide/Add Listings to Channel, and change the MTV listing to the new channel. There seems to be no listings for Channel 6 yet, so just set it to No Listings. You can still set the times manually for the moment until it's sorted out. Then go to Settings/TV/Guide/Change Channel Order to put the stuff in the order you'd like.

For some reason, after I'd done all this, MCE lost some of it's scheduled recordings. So make sure to check your favourite programmes are still listed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Thanks for the reply. I had done this already, and lost all of my channels. No services found. :mad:

Spent about 4 or 5 hours getting everything tuned in properly again... Pesky Media Centre.. If I didn't love it, I'd hate it.. Worst thing is that I reckon I'll have to do it again once the C6 channel data becomes available in Microsoft's EPG.

Advertisement