Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT screwed me....AGAIN!

• 30-03-2006 9:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

:mad: i am really driven half mental with this BS, WHY can't they just give me what they admit they owe me?????? :(

OK so one of the credits was applied, one for €76, but the big ass one for €201 was not! :eek:

To add insult to injury they are STILL charging me full whack for line rental, and not the €20 + VAT they advertise when they entice people to dump Eircon and join them??????

Eight months now, 8 long months...dozens of calls, three (3) complaint refrence numbers, calls to ComReg, speaking with nearly every member of BT staff....promise after promise, all broken, lie after lie, it's endless.

Why should i stick with them?...somebody for the love of god, do these people even care?

They now owe me €230 yet they still want to take money out my MY bank account, money that i do not owe them. And to make things worse...they point blank refuse to issue me with a new bill showing the correct amount they owe me and the credits applied.

Yet again they tell me i'll have to wait another two months for the money and the next bill to be issued, but who's to say that one will have the credits on it?..i've been told this three times now from three billing periods.

I'm really tired of this, it gets you down....you know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

that's how they win, you know....wear you out!! fuckers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

lots of contact names and numbers in BT complaints were recently listed over here Richard although you probably know them all :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

If you have enough written proof, just take them to the small claims court. Based on what you've described, any judge is bound to find in your favour.

A form to fill out, 20 minutes in court, sorted. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Why should i stick with them?...somebody for the love of god, do these people even care?
    Nope, nobody cares... it's all a marketing illusion.
    I've left them for someone who will at least pretend to want my business.
    It's more hassle for me in the short term, but I'm not giving them another cent after the way I was treated.

I'm on 56k (pay-per-minute laugh-a-thon) at the moment while I sort out my next connection... but I'll soon be rid of Eircom aswell.
    Killing two birds with one stone, hurrah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nearlyhappy

God be with the days when telecos were short of customers due to exorbitant costs.....

Now we have somewhat reasonable costs, they have too many customers to give a crap about one or two of us...

Well at least I feel I am doing my bit, I aim to tell at least one person per day not to attempt to join BT...

Its a small thing but it makes me feel better...

A##holes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You shouldn't, and apparently no they don't care.

That's disgraceful behaviour by them, even more so than usual. I'd also suggest the small claims court, costs on €7 to apply and you can get the forms online.

Cancel your direct debit with the bank and refuse to pay another bill until they sort it out. As far as I know you are entitled to do this as no business has an automatic right to overcharge you, especially not 6 months in a row and after they have been informed of, and acknowledged, their mistake.

Can you get Smart broadband yet? They are live in Limerick now, Dooradoyle exchange anyway. I reckon I'm going to move over in June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

:mad: i am really driven half mental with this BS, WHY can't they just give me what they admit they owe me?????? :(

OK so one of the credits was applied, one for €76, but the big ass one for €201 was not! :eek:

To add insult to injury they are STILL charging me full whack for line rental, and not the €20 + VAT they advertise when they entice people to dump Eircon and join them??????

Eight months now, 8 long months...dozens of calls, three (3) complaint refrence numbers, calls to ComReg, speaking with nearly every member of BT staff....promise after promise, all broken, lie after lie, it's endless.

They now owe me €230 yet they still want to take money out my MY bank account, money that i do not owe them. And to make things worse...they point blank refuse to issue me with a new bill showing the correct amount they owe me and the credits applied.

Yet again they tell me i'll have to wait another two months for the money and the next bill to be issued, but who's to say that one will have the credits on it?..i've been told this three times now from three billing periods.

I'm really tired of this, it gets you down....you know?

Small claims court ? should ge them moving only cost 15 Euro.

Gather your evidence + 15 yoyos and post it to them they will contact BT for you............

http://www.courts.ie/courts.ie/Library3.nsf/f0e0a24268c0a3da80256da500428fb8/cd9933f2625cdfaa80256da500511f8d?OpenDocument

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

It's almost sorted, i have it in WRITING from BT now, an apology + detailed explanation as to the overbilling and account issues.

They told me (in writing) my account is in credit (won't say how much) so if it isin't on my next bill i have them by the b*lls!

Advertisement