Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish

Options
  • 30-03-2006 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

If I fail pass Irish in the L.C can i still get into UCD or Galway if I have enough points for the course I want? I reckon I'll get about 460 in the L.C but I'm really really sh*t at Irish.

http://theconvoyseptictank.blogspot.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

As far as i know u'd be grand for DCU/UCD/UL/Trinity but i think u need it for NUIG/UCC/NUI Maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

You could do foundation irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

As far as I know foundation Irish isn't accecpted for course requiements or marticulation in Trinity College or any other college for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Pass Irish is piss, it can be accomplished by anyone, you need just to work on it.. Theres no excuse not being able to pass it, some of my friends did it last year and were really bad at Irish and got B's in it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

What a kack subject. What is the point?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

English Irish and a 3rd language are required for Matric in UCD. Dunno about Galway. And foundation doesn't count, has to be at least an OD.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I was reading some prospectus (think it was DIT but can't be sure) and it listed various course's requirements. One was a certain mark in english or irish, not sure if it means I can get out of irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Check the particular college's matriculation requirements as well particular faculty requirements.

Advertisement