Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor MMS with NEC 343i

• 30-03-2006 10:37pm

recently ported my o2 phone to meteor, but cant seem to get the MMS set up on it.

firstly there's no option to download the settings from the meteor site as it is not really a supported phone.

And secondly i can even find the menu to input the details manually!

anybody managed to set up meteor MMS on a NEC 343i would like to offer assistance?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If the phone was made exclusively for one network (which it was), there may not even be an option to input settings manually.

In some older NEC phones that were made for specific networks only, entering codes enabled hidden menus with ability to input settings - but even then, it was almost impossible trying to get them to work correctly :D

Good luck anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

You can probably expect interesting results when porting an i-mode phone off O2's network. Does it even support MMS? I seem to recall that in the glorious i-mode world, that O2 maps MMS's to i-mails and vice versa?

Have you tried mucking about with the settings under the Messages menu?

there is no settings menu to change the MMS settings..

:(

the MMS doesn't come in through the phone inbox.. they usually come in through the i-Mail, which has no settings menu to play around with..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Isn't that because O2 converts MMS's to i-mail messages and vice versa? The phone probably doesn't support MMS.

arse..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Yeh, as said ... MMS sent from the NEC 343i are sent as imails and converted afaik.

Okay

have managed to get into the settings menu for the "i-Mode"

here's all the things i need to fill in

APN:
    Proxy Host:
    Proxy Port:
    SSL Port:
    Portal Host:
    Mail URL:
    MMS URL:
    Username:
    Password:

I've tried many combinations of the information availble in the Sticky but i cant seem to get this to work.

anybody have any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Okay

have managed to get into the settings menu for the "i-Mode"

here's all the things i need to fill in

APN:
    Proxy Host:
    Proxy Port:
    SSL Port:
    Portal Host:
    Mail URL:
    MMS URL:
    Username:
    Password:

I've tried many combinations of the information availble in the Sticky but i cant seem to get this to work.

anybody have any ideas?

APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMS Url: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: wap
    IP: 010.085.085.085

Those are the only settings you should need. Security should be non-secure. No other fields matter really. Again, as was said, i-mode may be messing you around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Sorry for dragging up an old topic, but I can't download the MMS settings for my Sony Ericsson w810i.

It's Vodafone branded, but I'm with Meteor and had it unlocked by Vodafone. The MMS settings are never recieved though, and the downloaded WAP settings from www.mymeteor.ie don't work.

I love this phone to bits, so can anyone offer any advice?

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Get settings from www.sonyericsson.com

Make sure all settings are deleted in the phone before you send them. It's just easier that way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement