Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remember the Isuzu Gemini?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

thats pretty dawm impressive and im not easily impressed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Great ad, very well done:cool: Could do without the crappy pop music though!

Don't see to many of those cars around now. In fact, you'd never see them around now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Remy Julienne at his best, I saw him in action a few years ago making an ad in Paris and the guy is a genius it changed my whole outlook on car stunts in general. Russ Swift is pretty good too he also does a lot of ads and he has the world record for parallel parking. Theres also a video of the Saab precision driving team here. www.youtube.com/watch.php?=v=8Z-mNsfVoAA-33k-

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Excellent ad, I can see where they got the idea for the car chases in the Ronin movie. I could not imagine them using an Gemini in the movie though, then again they did use a Peugeot 406 and a few Citroen XMs I think. :D

I think the Isuzu Gemini was one of the first car of it's size to have a diesel engine with a turbo intercooler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Theres no doubt Ronin was one of the best car chases ever, The French always seem to do the best car chases in my view, I think I must have watched Ronin 100 times at this stage just for the car chases. I think it was a bit unrealistic matching a BMW M5 and a Peugeot 406 but I suppose thats the French for you.:rolleyes: The car chase in the Bourne Supremacy is very good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

bazz26 wrote:
    Excellent ad, I can see where they got the idea for the car chases in the Ronin movie. I could not imagine them using an Gemini in the movie though, then again they did use a Peugeot 406 and a few Citroen XMs I think. :D

Thats because it was filmed in france, i think all movie's filmed in france have to have citreons or peugeots in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

The gemini and aska came here around the mid 80s. The earlier Gemini was originally a japanese opel kadett C. I do remember some of them coming here as imports. The Aska was also a japanese Opel Ascona. The company went on to make a later version gemini around I990, although it wasn't available here through the dealer network. The company opted out of car production around the mid 90s and concentrate on Troopers and Midi Vans but i do remember reading about Honda selling an Accord badged as an Isuzu for the japanese market around I994.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Class ads alright, better than the usual car on deserted roads muck.

I had a 1990 Gemini 1.5 diesel, no turbo and absolutely no power. Far and away the slowest car I have ever driven, I timed it's 0-60 at 45 seconds. It wasn't just that particular car either.

The head gasket went, no doubt from the necessity of thrashing it just to make it move and the replacement engine was no better. I had a nice turbo diesel lined up instead but when the mechanic got it it was fukked so I had to put the useless lump in it. Pity really cause apart from the engine it wasn't a bad car to drive.

I never did find out what HP it put out but I can't imagine it was much more than 50HP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

G Luxel wrote:
    The gemini and aska came here around the mid 80s. The earlier Gemini was originally a japanese opel kadett C. I do remember some of them coming here as imports. The Aska was also a japanese Opel Ascona. The company went on to make a later version gemini around I990, although it wasn't available here through the dealer network. The company opted out of car production around the mid 90s and concentrate on Troopers and Midi Vans but i do remember reading about Honda selling an Accord badged as an Isuzu for the japanese market around I994.

There was a gemini in the mid to late 1990's which was a rebadged 4 door honda domani, the 5 door version of which was sold as the 5 door civic over here and is very closely related to the rover 400/45.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

John R wrote:
    I never did find out what HP it put out but I can't imagine it was much more than 50HP.

AFAIK, it's the same engine that opel put in the corsa, that was 50bhp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement