Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

k750i casing...

• 30-03-2006 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭

how's it going,

me being the klutz i am i have cracked the screen of my k750i, now i'm pretty sure it's not the actual LCD but the plastic casing that's over it.

is there anywhere that will fix this for me? and how much roughly am i looking at.

i noticed there's a few fascias on ebay so i'm assuming this is a fairly easy DIY job but i wouldn't feel safe doing it myself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

as far as i know you need a special screwdriver to change the casing on the k750. i've seen a cracked screen on a good few k750s that got very little abuse. since its quite common they might give you a replacement if you bring it back to the shop. no harm trying anyway. tell them its a known issue and see what they say.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

All you will ever need is here : http://cnn.cn/shop/sonyericsson-k750i-c-28_105.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

that's a nice site sharkman thanks, but i wouldn't feel safe doing this myself.

would there be anywhere in town that would do this without costing an arm and a leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭roger 2006 yeah

i've put a w800i cover on a K750i, i'll do it for €20.

i've attached two images,

first one shows the actual crack.

the second one is of the screws which i think i'd need to unscrew to get the casing off, is it only these 4 screws?

the top two being for the back casing (the bit including the flash cover)
    and the bottom two being for the front casing

if it's that simple i'll do it myself.

*edit* sorry for the quality of the images i don't really have a good macro lens camera :p

• Advertisement

have you the screw driver for the bottom 2 screws?

1. Remove the battery cover & unscrew the 4 screws you see, and keep them somewhere safe.

1.jpg

2. Now, use something with a blunt blade and skim around the edges of the back cover, turn the blade now and again and that will release the catches.

2.jpg

3. Use this same technique for the front cover, be careful of the lcd though, expensive to replace.

3.jpg

4. Now you should have something like this.

4.jpg

:cool:

have you the screw driver for the bottom 2 screws?

well i'd have to buy the screwdrivers but that shouldn't be a problem.

where'd you get yours if you don't mind me asking?

you'll get it on eBay, you might get one when your buying the cover - it's called a T6 ;)

i'll be getting everything from that site sharkman posted. i'd rather have the orignal casing, with ebay (with other sony products external harddrive case) i have got a few fakes :p

also i think i'll be going to a black case, as i don't really like the silver.

also another quick thing is it hard to change the joystick aswell? as mine is fairly dirty and i can't really get anything down there to clean it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

Cotton wool Cremo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

sharkman wrote:

thats a very good site.thanks

right i've ordered that stuff from cnn.cn.

has anyone ever ordered from there before? how long would it take? - did say 7-10 days but i'm hoping sooner but with an post around i won't be surprised if it lands in america.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Cremo wrote:
    right i've ordered that stuff from cnn.cn.

has anyone ever ordered from there before? how long would it take? - did say 7-10 days but i'm hoping sooner but with an post around i won't be surprised if it lands in america.

i think sharkman will be your best bet he must have ordered from there at some stage.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Yep , I've ordered from them before , took less than a week to get the delivery ..

good stuff, i can't wait to get the stuff.

i ordered a T6 from ebay aswell but i read a customer review on the silver case pack for the k750i on cnn.cn that a screwdriver came with it. ohh well.

just thought i'd update everyone on this, got the cover today and as i expected it came with a T6 screwdriver rendering my ebaying pointless, ohh well.

the cover wasn't difficult to put on but at the moment my phone looks like frankinstein as i don't have a screwdriver to get the back cover off.

so atm the front cover is black, the battery cover is black and the back cover is silver :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

sharkman wrote:

great post!
    /me clicks at space where karma icon used to be.

Advertisement