Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: 2X17 Lockdown picture - SPOILERS!!!

• 30-03-2006 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Came across this. Picture that was shown in "Lockdown"

lost_dharma_decoded-751672.jpg

This will take time to congest!!!

wat the feck happen to the image i had.... ah well here is a similar onecleanwall-707484.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

there is a lot of latin written on this picture. I did searches and tried my best to translate. Some of the translations seem very interesting!

Malum consilium quod mutari non potest - It's a bad plan that can't be changed

sursum corda - (Roman Catholic Church) a Latin versicle meaning `lift up your hearts'

Ut sit magna, tamen certe lenta ira deorum est - The wrath of the gods may be great, but it certainly is slow

Liberte te ex inferis = Save Yourself From Hell

Credo nos in fluctu eodem esse - I think we're on the same wavelength.

Cogito ergo doted - Cogito ergo means "I think therefore I am" - doted????

Nil actum reputa si quid superest agendum - Don't consider that anything has been done if anything is left to be done. (Lucan)

don't know is this latin but:
    Hic sunt dracones - Here be Dragons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ther dont seem to be a picture there, can you post the link please...

ok sorry i can see picture from boards but it is my first time doing it so here ya go http://www.thetailsection.com/uploaded_images/cleanwall-707484.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Check out this Wikipedia link.

class!!

• Advertisement

thanks very much!

Jesus see the way the swan hatch is marked CV II which if translated to roman numerals is 108 which is sum of numbers ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Once again... this is exactly why i love 'Lost'! :D

Down at the bottom of the map, it says: "SYSTEM WIDE FAILURE OF DHARMATEL INTRANET 4.08.00? 8.15.01 01.06.05". Assuming that's correct, isn't the 6th of Jan 2005 after the castaways arrived?
    The fact that "Cerberus" may be malfunctioning could explain its behaviour in killing the pilot but sparing Eko & Locke.

• Advertisement

maybe the cerberus station is what controls the "security system" aka the smoke. So if it's abandoned who knows wat it's up to

Man there is so much in that picture; Weather machine, gene therapy, polar bears..
    can't wait for next episode

Wiki page is probably going to be deleted so here is the latin translations - all correctL:

* Sursum Corda - meaning Lift up your hearts; written three times above The Staff hatch.
    * Cogito ergo doleo - meaning I think therefore I suffer; written under The Flame hatch.
    * Liberte te ex infernus - meaning Free you from the fire or also Save yourself from hell; written above CV III.
    * Malum consilium quod mutari non potest - meaning It's a bad plan that can't be changed.
    * Aegrescit medendo - meaning The disease worsens with the treatment.
    * Credo nos influctu eodem esse - meaning I think we are on the same wavelength.
    * Nil actum reputa si quid superest sgendum - meaning Do not consider that anything has been done if anything is left to be done.
    * Ut sit magna, tamen certe lenta ira deorum est - meaning The wrath of the gods may be great, but it certainly is slow.

DAPOS - I think(cognito) therefore(ergo) I am(sum)

Call_me_al wrote:
    DAPOS - I think(cognito) therefore(ergo) I am(sum)

Ya was having a bit of trouble translating that one thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Some comments on the map:

* "Caduceus Station believed to have been abandoned due to AH/MDG incident of 1985" (correction: originally mistyped Cerberus from EW version of map)

We all reckon AH is Alvar Hanso, but so far I haven't seen anyone mentioned MDG - I reckon this might be one of the DeGroots (can't be Gerald or Karen, though). Did AH and MDG have a row over how the Dharma programme was being run?

* "..or possible catastrophic malfunction of Cerberus System."

I reckon this could be the monster alright. Was the malfunction its being let loose? Did Dharma actually lose control of it?

* Notice the large blue barrier. On the bottom right-hand side, it says "Primary nexus of Cerberus related activity" - is this the limit of the monster's ability to move?

* The Swan seems better than the other stations on the map. Does this imply the other stations have not been visited, as only the Swan is truly known? Some of the positionings are acknowledged as 'alleged location' - others are dotted.

* Anyone know when the word 'intranet' was coined? It probably is an 80s concept - just want to be sure.

* What is 'Valenzetti-related research activity'?

* The polar bear is part of the project, probably a zoological one (this based on Ursus moritimus). It doesn't appear to have been conjured by Walt seeing it in the comic after all.

* What were the "sightings" that coincided with the emergency shutdown of intranet services?

* Why does it say "Possible CV II" - when this itself is the Swan, where the map is drawn. (I do like, by the way, how the CV II adds to 108, and the other numbers 109, 112 etc stations - even if the Roman numerals theory falls off for some. I do like the idea of the other stations having different numbers/codes, though.

* PRD every 6-8 months... Is this the drop?

* The Swan had conduits blocked after the incident. These are the barriers Jack & Co can no longer get through...

* What's the difference between "C3" and "CVIII". And doesn't CVI seem quite close to CVII. The Staff, The Flame and The Arrow don't appear to have CV notation at all.

* My head is frying.

doh.ie wrote:
    * PRD every 6-8 months... Is this the drop?

Primary Resupply Drop?
    doh.ie wrote:
    * My head is frying.

Amen brother, amen. Have to go to work now and I really resent it - want to stay here figuring this out instead.

doh.ie wrote:
    Some comments on the map:

* "Cerberus Statiot believed to have been abandoned due to AH/MDG incident of 1985"

cadeceus, i.e med hatch not cerebus, cerebus is a manifestation of smokey, i.e that monster from the pilot or a completely different creature alotgether
    doh.ie wrote:
    We all reckon AH is Alvar Hanso, but so far I haven't seen anyone mentioned MDG - I reckon this might be one of the DeGroots (can't be Gerald or Karen, though). Did AH and MDG have a row over how the Dharma programme was being run?

don't know about the row, but names prob right
    doh.ie wrote:

* "..or possible catastrophic malfunction of Cerberus System."

possibly related to electromagnetic field and the disease
    doh.ie wrote:
    * Notice the large blue barrier. On the bottom right-hand side, it says "Primary nexus of Cerberus related activity" - is this the limit of the monster's ability to move?

yes i think so ties in with the 'others cut off point'(don't cross this line thing) and that bridge we see in hurleys numbers episode

doh.ie wrote:
    * The Swan seems better than the other stations on the map. Does this imply the other stations have not been visited, as only the Swan is truly known? Some of the positionings are acknowledged as 'alleged location' - others are dotted.

if this is correct it means the map s were made out by the peace core ops? or.....
    doh.ie wrote:
    * The polar bear is part of the project, probably a zoological one (this based on Ursus moritimus). It doesn't appear to have been conjured by Walt seeing it in the comic after all.

but possibly summoned?
    doh.ie wrote:
    * The Swan had conduits blocked after the incident. These are the barriers Jack & Co can no longer get through...

huh?
    what barriers
    doh.ie wrote:
    * My head is frying.

yes

stevejazzx wrote:
    cadeceus, i.e med hatch not cerebus, cerebus is a manifestation of smokey, i.e that monster from the pilot or a completely different creature alotgether

Yep, that should have been the Cadecus station - corrected that having mistyped it straight from EW's version. The Lost_uv_map2.gif reconstruction of it is much easier to read. (They do a kind of overlay).
    stevejazzx wrote:
    but possibly summoned?

Yep, this is highly likely. Would still explain both occurances.
    stevejazzx wrote:
    huh? what barriers

I wondered if the concrete barrier keeping Jack and Sayid from investigating the source of the strong electromagnetic field might have only been placed after "the incident". The Swan looks like it had a wider area before such an incident and now is a smaller, locked-off version of its former self.

agamemnon wrote:
    Primary Resupply Drop?

Not bad, could be. I see The Swan is "Home of HG Delegation inspection..."

What do we think HG might stand for? (Not Henry Gale!) They inspected in July 1981.

Also weird is how the numbers show up in the Dharma intranet shutdown (4.08.00, 8.15.01, 1.06.05) - I refuse to believe those are dates; they have to be a type of IP address. If they were dates, it'd just be too much of a coincidence, and Dharma itself can't be a complete slave to the numbers.

Top right: "Mountainous terrain most likely used by DIHG for meteorological research." DIHG - Dharma Initiative High Ground? Probably not - The Flame's Cerberus activity makes that location unsuitable for DIHG... CVI has a possible recreational area for DIHG too.

The alleged "Flame" site seems "unlikely due to Cerberus activity", so I reckon this is definitely the Monster.

I see at CVI "sightings coincide with emergency shutdown of intranet or infrastructure" - is this what happened during the lockdown - if so, what was sighted? We could argue the packages being dropped, but it doesn't seem to add up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

this map is going to take some figuring out, going to take a good look at it now.

regards the posts above saying CV2 (CVII) adds up to 108, shouldn't this in fact be CVIII ? C = 100, V = 5, III = 3 add them up to get 108. just a minor point but hey.

this is most likely nothing to do with the letters CV but the first thing that came into my head for the letters is related to astronomy (one of my hobbies), the abbreviation CV stands for Cataclysmic Variable. Wiki on CVs is here

the more I watch this show the more astronomical symbols/constellations I see cropping up. I know this has been mentioned in many other threads on LOST (eg. the swan = cygnus, the staff/serpent = ophiuchus/serpens caput, the arrow = sagitta, polar bear = ursa major)

anyway i've no major theories just figure that astronomy/space ties into the whole show in a big way

jAH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

sorry guys, but CVII add up to 107.

im sure they mean CV1 CV2 CV3 and CV4 , since CVIV should be written as CIX

jArgHA wrote:
    this map is going to take some figuring out, going to take a good look at it now.

take a lot at this my son

http://www.thetailsection.com/uploaded_images/cleanwall-707484.jpg

picture i put in the first post now shows a turkey!!! odd. i put the newer image in which turns out to be the same as the link stevejazz posted. Guess we kinda jumped to conclusions with CVII = 108 when it was in fact 107. But see how where CVIII (possibly 108) had text saying "Liberte te ex infernus" - meaning Free you from the fire or also Save yourself from hell. wonder is this relevant of am i looking into it too much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Has anyone taken into consideration that the picture looks like a map of the island with the hidden facilities. eg the swan, the staff, the fire etc..? will locke go looking for these now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 enricovalenzett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

interesting website, there's one picture that isn't showing up...

personally i don't see the connection with lost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

original__apparatus.jpg
    taken from the images folder on that site

more pics from that site
    caltech.jpg

dr_johnson2.jpg
    Dr Johnson

enrico.jpg
    enrico

all these sites were registered last sunday

enzovalenzetti.com
    thevalenzettiequation.com
    valenzetti.com
    valenzettiequation.com

the connection is;You'll see the name on the lower left hand corner of the map, along with the words, "...relevance to Valenzetti-related research activity."

is that einstein in the picture?? O_o

DeadParrot wrote:
    more pics from that site
    caltech.jpg

dr_johnson2.jpg
    Dr Johnson

enrico.jpg
    enrico

all these sites were registered last sunday

enzovalenzetti.com
    thevalenzettiequation.com
    valenzetti.com
    valenzettiequation.com

the connection is;You'll see the name on the lower left hand corner of the map, along with the words, "...relevance to Valenzetti-related research activity."

Don't mean to be a party-pooper but apparently this has been proven to be a fake?

hey I dont mind, the more things we know are fake, the more time we can apply ourselves to other theories....like lockes inability to walk was caused during his operation for his 'dad'
    thus, when he get s the use of his legs back, he thanks the island and is its button man because of this

at the bottom of the map picture, it's says "P.RD: every 6-8 months" what's P.RD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Demeant0r wrote:
    ..what's P.RD?
    Primary re-supply Drop?

ah ok, would seem like a reasonable answer. I saw a theory that the Island is the last place on Earth with Humans, so if P.RD is Primary re-supply Drop, then that rules that theory out...

more detailed than wiki page
    http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Blast_Door

Also found this interesting:

"Hurley asks Locke what he thinks is in the hatch. Locke responds, "Hope."

When Hurley tells Leonard that he used "the numbers" to win the lottery, Leonard says, "You've opened the box."

* (from Wikipedia) Epimetheus told Pandora never to open the box she had received from Zeus. However, one day, Pandora's curiosity got the better of her and she opened it, releasing all the misfortunes of mankind (plagues, sorrow, poverty, crime, etc.). Once opened, she shut it in time to keep one thing in the box: Hope. The world remained extremely bleak for an unspecified interval, until Pandora "chanced" to revisit the box, at which point Hope fluttered out.
    * With this in mind, perhaps the "chance" that the crew needs to take is to let the numbers count down in order to release this hope. This theory was derived from the possible meanings of the Hieroglyphics that were briefly shown. One of the possible meanings is "depart" or "proceed" depending on the final symbols. (However for this meaning to be possible, the last counter symbol would have to be different from the one that was locked in). See Alternative_Translations
    * The Sanskrit word for swan is hamsa or hansa, which sounds similar to Hanso "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

DeadParrot wrote:
    lockes inability to walk was caused during his operation for his 'dad'
    thus, when he get s the use of his legs back, he thanks the island and is its button man because of this

wasnt he walking after his operation???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Psycopat wrote:
    wasnt he walking after his operation???

Yes he was. He went driving out to his dad's house for a week or two every day sitting in his car outside before Helen found out and asked him to stop. We still don't know how Locke lost the use of his legs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

I think Im the only Lost fan(atic) who isnt as enthusiastic about this new addition. Its just another unanswered question and we have, litrally, hundreds of them already.

Crazy maps with endless possibilities makes baby Jesus cry

crying_smilie.gif

In the top right-hand corner of the map, there are references to a "weather project" and "meteorological research", which we know Dharma were looking at. Could their research have gotten to the point where they could control the local weather enough to strand passing travellers on the island? They could have forced the hot-air balloon down with Gale-force winds :D , created seas stormy enough to shipwreck Desmond's yacht and Danielle's ship and caused enough turbulence to bring down Flight 815 and the Nigerian drugs plane (or at least shake the planes up and let the security system finish the job). The way rain showers start and finish abruptly is also noteworthy, although this could be par for the course in a tropical climate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

i've been looking at the lostpedia image and above where it says "geological composition most likely to cause magnetic interference/interfere with weather" there is an equation. this is one of Maxwells electromagnetic equations (i'm nearly finished a physics degree so i should know this). B is the symbol in physics for magnetic field strength.
    also another equation between the arrow station and one of the dotted out ones. i can't quite make it out but it looks like Maxwells other equation (ie. the electricity bit).
    just thought it was interesting and would tie in with the electromagnetic research/ Dharma initiative thing

agamemnon wrote:
    The way rain showers start and finish abruptly is also noteworthy, although this could be par for the course in a tropical climate.

I've long thought someone was controlling the island weather (probably now Dharma though originally I thought it was just 'the island' itself). Locke at one point seemed able to predict it, as have some others. Remember in the pilot when Charlie said "Is this normal? Is it normal to just rain like this?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

doh.ie wrote:
    I've long thought someone was controlling the island weather (probably now Dharma though originally I thought it was just 'the island' itself). Locke at one point seemed able to predict it, as have some others. Remember in the pilot when Charlie said "Is this normal? Is it normal to just rain like this?"

but near end of season 1 we're told it's nearly monsoon season so that could explain the heavyness and abruptness and with Lcoke being the jungle genius that he is could have predected it by maybe animal reaction or even cloud formation

danniemcq wrote:
    but near end of season 1 we're told it's nearly monsoon season so that could explain the heavyness and abruptness and with Lcoke being the jungle genius that he is could have predected it by maybe animal reaction or even cloud formation

Yeah, possibly, but something about the weather in Lost has always made me thing it might be artificially controlled. (The pilot episode's shower in the jungle, the "day turning to night" effect, Locke's and others' predictions...) So for Dharma to have a station which also investigates meteorological issues is very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

agamemnon wrote:
    In the top right-hand corner of the map, there are references to a "weather project" and "meteorological research", which we know Dharma were looking at. Could their research have gotten to the point where they could control the local weather enough to strand passing travellers on the island? They could have forced the hot-air balloon down with Gale-force winds :D , created seas stormy enough to shipwreck Desmond's yacht and Danielle's ship and caused enough turbulence to bring down Flight 815 and the Nigerian drugs plane (or at least shake the planes up and let the security system finish the job). The way rain showers start and finish abruptly is also noteworthy, although this could be par for the course in a tropical climate.

I like the sounds of this - we're gonna find out what crashed 815 before season 2 ends (most likely in the finale). I always assumed it was something to do with electromagnetism but your theory would explain how boats, baloons etc also all managed to crash on the island (particularly the black rock which was incredibly far inland).

The Black Rock is a funny one. Presumably it's been there for a least a century, long before Dharma and any weather control there might have been. Maybe a tsunami chucked it that far inland or maybe the place where it is now was once a beach? Dharma could have widened the island. I think there was always something weird about the island, long before Dharma discovered it and started ramping up the freaky stuff.
    In the pilot we learned that Flight 815 was 1000 miles away from the island when the radios went. Dharma must have had a hand in that too and done something to the plane before take-off cos surely this was out of range of the island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

a present for all.
    I don't know if its been posted before but here we go anyway!

243bfbf3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

FFS change the spoilerific title.

• Advertisement
Advertisement