Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: 2X17 Lockdown picture - SPOILERS!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Bodan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Inappropriate thread title. Should have spoiler in the title and not use the word blastdoor map.

It was posted in the episode review for Lockdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

sorry my bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

It still says blastdoor map,which tells people that there will be blast doors and a map of some sort...still need to change the title a bit mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Gegerty

I reckon they're all stuck in one of those D&D "if you rolled 6 then turn to page 40 and add 2 manna points" books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Gegerty

monomaniac wrote:
    I like the sounds of this - we're gonna find out what crashed 815 before season 2 ends (most likely in the finale). I always assumed it was something to do with electromagnetism but your theory would explain how boats, baloons etc also all managed to crash on the island (particularly the black rock which was incredibly far inland).

This has already been explained has it not? OK the exact details have not but its been explained that the Island generates electromagnetism and that a boat, 2 planes and a baloon have crashed.

I'm looking for a bit more depth than this by the end of the season. Whats with the smoke with the face that can drag people into holes. Whats up with the looper psychic kid? Where is michael? If thats put down to electromagnetisim then i don't see them lasting the 6 seasons....there'll be alot of peeved off people.

Edit: And of course the big question, how is everyone connected by 1 or 2 degrees of seperation? It's a small world but not that small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Electromagnetism has definetly not explained why the plane crashed. It has barely been touched upon really and people make these huge jumps in conclusion. The hatch generators field seemed very weak, it just about attracted Jack's key.

In the very first episode we see the monster attacking the plane in a good few scenes. I think it stands to reason that it could of attacked it in mid air, no? I mean the plane broke up in mid flight, which could either be caused by something hitting it or just the sheer force of the turbulence, but the front of the plane also broke off which must be pretty unlikely in a freefall situation.

Of course, all the instruments failed in the plane which would suggest some kind of electromagnetic field but then again it could turn out that the monster emits its own field. I don't know really, I guess we'll find out eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Anima wrote:
    In the very first episode we see the monster attacking the plane in a good few scenes. I think it stands to reason that it could of attacked it in mid air, no? I mean the plane broke up in mid flight, which could either be caused by something hitting it or just the sheer force of the turbulence, but the front of the plane also broke off which must be pretty unlikely in a freefall situation.

I take it you are referring to the bit with the Jack, Claire and Hurley and the explosion - this has been widely debated as not being the monster but instead some kind of special effects placeholder for the explosion that was never removed. Though I like to believe it was smokey making an early cameo :D

I'm always holding onto the fact the writers have said in the past that nothing in Lost would go beyond the realms of pseudoscience.
    Though maybe smokie taking down the plane mid air could be put in this category:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscience

Though how come so many losties survived with barely a scratch? This always led me to think that the crash was possibly staged in some way.

There's been a lot of talk this season about a mole (especially after the dharma website). I remember during the summer break there were rumors that there was a stowaway on board the plane - perhaps this might tie in with the crash.

Bring on the finale - May 24th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I take it you are referring to the bit with the Jack, Claire and Hurley and the explosion - this has been widely debated as not being the monster but instead some kind of special effects placeholder for the explosion that was never removed. Though I like to believe it was smokey making an early cameo

There is that, but he shows up in other parts aswell. Just look at the first episode and keep an eye on the background.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think it is also relevant as to WHY Dharma chose this particular island. The Black Rock being so old is a clue to the islands inate special nature that Dharma may of simply used to their advantage. It may also explain why Dharma have semmed to have lost control of the island - maybe that underestimated its power/influence.

Maybe Dharma are as much a victim of the island as the survivors/others etc

Hyzepher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Any one have a screen grab of Danielle's map of the island from season 1? From what I recall there was some sort of pyramid/prism shape drawn on the map. It would be interesting to see if corresponds to the lines drawn in the new map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

That was the episode that Claire re-appeared at the end. Sayid was looking at the maps and realised that if he put the pages together there was a triangular shape in the middle. Charlie thought it might be the black rock because he read Claire' diary which mentioned her dreams of trying to escape from there.

So the triangular shape may not have been the black rock - they never bothered following the map in the end as Claire turned up in the middle of the jungle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

The people over at www.blackrock.nl updated their projection of the stations onto the island map ....

blastdoorbrains1av.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Nice, this looks very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

Here's another picture taken from blackrock website.

islandmap_by_brainsgonebad3.jpg

http://www.blackrock.nl/images/stories/moremaps/islandmap_by_brainsgonebad3.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement