Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Act and Song of the 2000's

Options
  • 31-03-2006 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Well this deosn't seem to have been asked before, which is suprising, so I figured I'd put it out there.

What do you think is the best act (band or artist) to have come onto the scene since the turn of the millenium?
    and
    What would you say is the best song (single or album track) to have been released since we hit the 00?

Personally I think there has been a disgarceful lean towards sh1t in the crap-to-class ratio since the start of this centuary, but surely some good music must be setting the standard, so what to you say?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

Kings of Convenience, Royksopp

Best Album: Kings of Convenience Quiet is the New Loud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

aye, Royksopp are definitely one of the better new acts.

"Chemical Brothers - Go ahead London" is one of my fave album tracks
    and i'm currently caning the **** out of "Absynthe Minded - Substitute"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

The Arcade Fire have had the biggest impact for me, songwise probably Tunnels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

After a really poor first couple of years of the decade the music has finally come good again but nowadays there seems to be far more acts producing good music rather than a few acts producing really great music.

The bands who have come to the fray that have really grabbed me during the 00's have been Muse, The Libertines and Arctic Monkeys. I know I'll be still listening to their music in another 10 years time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

As for meself I'd have to say Kasabian are one of my favourite bands to have come onto the scene in recent years, thier not to everyones taste but thier one of the more original acts around, great debut album, every song is class theres nothing really on there thats just on it to fill it out. Thers some really nice guitar and drum work and there not afraid to mix it in with great electronics and production, very emmotive too which is always important for me.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

Yeah I like Kasabian aswell. I dunno they remind me of the chemical brothers for some reason.
    Maybe not the best, but I'd say the most significant so far have been Franz Ferdinand, and probably the Arctic Monkeys. Electronic is kinda dead, and rap is getting terrible. With the possible exception of Kanye West

Advertisement